Setting up Cakewalk to record multiple tracks at one time.

Barry Wilkins

How to set up Cakewalk for multi-track recordings at one time and give the musicians and artist a warm sound in their headphones while recording dry.   

1 member has voted

1. 1. Multi-Track Recording in Cakewalk

• I would like to see and hear more on setting the applications in Cakewalk to record multiple tracks at one time. For example, recording a band with some direct instruments and the others mic'ed.
    • Include with this, how to set the in's to cut dry and give the musicians and vocals the warmth of different reverbs and effects and possibly different mix.
    • How to set the AUX's and send the effects back to the artist while recording.
    • This would also apply to using multiple mic's on a live drum kit for possible 8 to 10 mic's including the overheads and room mic's and giving the drummer the full sound in his headphones.

I have been using Cakewalk for many, many years, going back to Cakewalk 6.0 and every upgrade that was made. I would like to see and hear more on setting the applications in Cakewalk to record multiple tracks at one time. For example, recording a band with some direct instruments and the others mic'ed. Include with this, how to set the in's to cut dry and give the musicians and vocals the warmth of different reverbs and effects and possibly different mix. How to set the AUX's and send the effects back to the artist while recording. This would also apply to using multiple mic's on a live drum kit for possible 8 to 10 mic's including the overheads and room mic's and giving the drummer the full sound in his headphones. This would make my day to see this performed and captured in Cakewalk.