Pro-Channel Scoll Bar desparately needed

kday

I got 20 Pro-Channel modules and I have to use the mouse scroll wheel for a long long time just to get to the top of the Pro-Channel Effect module chain to find the effect I need to edit.  Why isn't there a regular scroll bar on the right side that you can zoom to the top of a page like in regular folders?  The Pro-Channel needs a scroll bar on the side of the Pro-Channel modules, to get to those effect modules much faster without having to use this mouse scroll wheel that's very long and tedious when working with a lot of tracks and having to scroll to the top on every track.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2021 at 7:16 AM, msmcleod said:

In the meantime you could always use the Page Up/Down keys.

I do use it. But it still forces me to scroll because using the Page buttons makes me still double check to see if I missed a module using Page up/down. So it's the same problem.  There should be a scroll bar on the side to make this easy and fluid when editing using the Pro-Channel effects.

Not against scroll bars, but... I'd like to see some uniformity with the ones we have 1st.

So far we have a hodge-podge of scroller styles gracing the GUI. Browser windows illustrate this. Looks haphazard to me.

They should all be of the same style and theme-able too, arrows included.

On 10/30/2021 at 4:14 PM, Mark MoreThan-Shaw said:

Get a taller screen ;)

I think the worst thing about the Pro Channel is the knobs can't be moved with the mousewheel ( yet other DAW controls can ) ..bit of a workflow killer IMHO

Taller screen means the problem will be taller. 😄  This DAW needs a scroll bar on the side of the Pro-channel and a way to save Workspaces to a disk so I don't have to rearrange my Workspaces every month from updates. 

• 2 weeks later...

Seems to me that a lot of the scrolling was designed with the anticipation of touch screen technology being adopted by the majority, yet a decade later and not very many users have a desire to use touch screen capability.  Had we all adopted touch screen as our primary way of getting around the DAW, I wonder if scroll bars and other GUI interface quirks would be noticeable?

On 11/19/2021 at 3:58 AM, sjoens said:

Touch screening in CbB just never seemed too functional to me. 

Then there’s the never ending task of cleaning fried chicken grease off it every other night.

¬¬

Yea it's probably time for CbB to be more health conscious.

Perhaps Kalewalk would be a more responsible direction for the company to take.  

Or you could try eating chicken with a fork.  Just google "what is a fork?"
Or try salad sometimes, my rabbit seems to love salad.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2021 at 10:41 PM, sjoens said:

One thing I dislike is big fat scroll bars that (also) take up half the screen. I am in favor of those thin ones that expand when you hover over them, tho.

The razor thin ones are a pain to find with the mouse sometimes. I like the standard ones. If you have Win 10 with that thin bar at bottom right hand corner used for making the screen transparent, then you'll know what I mean.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sjoens said:

Yeah, not a fan of those either. The FX Rack s/b is OK. Wouldn't mind it being used exclusively in CbB.

1885170670_fxscroller.PNG.0fd26014cfbaf8e1de09d899ba6b2e3c.PNG

I'd just like to ask why you are inserting two 2-band EQ's instead of inserting one 4-band EQ?    I know why I would use two, but I'm not really good at asking myself  for any insight.    scrollbars are cool.

On 12/5/2021 at 11:19 PM, murat k. said:

I never use scrollbars.

I never use the Pro Channel. Except for the EQ HP & LP filters - I wish you could access them without opening the PC ( like on 8.5 )   - you can adjust the other 4 bands from the mini plot but for some reason the filters !! Yet the filters would be very easy to use even from the mini EQ plot. Annoying,