Children Doing Their Best

jack c.

I got David Bowie meets Parliament! A very fun listen. Sometimes I couldn't make out the lyrics, but I did catch you are 71 years old? If so that's effing fantastic that you got this psychafunkic thing together. It's a head bobbing toe tapper.

Mix-wise maybe the panned left cymbal hits come through a bit too strong, just my .02. Love the other funky instrument ear candy choices.

cheers,

-Tom

Jack , Great song ! I Loved the instrumentation. Lots of cool different stuff going on but all in the same  direction.  I think the vocals need some minor attention. I think the main vocal needs some more "highs" and a very Small amount of reverb. The high vocal need centering a little and backed down some. There's a few spots where it's out of sync with the main but nothing real bad.    Anyway ..  just my opinion.  Great work !      mark

15 hours ago, PhonoBrainer said:

I got David Bowie meets Parliament! A very fun listen. Sometimes I couldn't make out the lyrics, but I did catch you are 71 years old? If so that's effing fantastic that you got this psychafunkic thing together. It's a head bobbing toe tapper.

Mix-wise maybe the panned left cymbal hits come through a bit too strong, just my .02. Love the other funky instrument ear candy choices.

cheers,

hey mate:thanks for thoughts.a number of people say bowie which i can't hear.i played in a black band for years hence me funk along with the "sons of champlin" major influence on me.yeap i'm an ole man also going on 16.keep comments coming so i may grow!!!!!jack c.

14 hours ago, mark skinner said:

Jack , Great song ! I Loved the instrumentation. Lots of cool different stuff going on but all in the same  direction.  I think the vocals need some minor attention. I think the main vocal needs some more "highs" and a very Small amount of reverb. The high vocal need centering a little and backed down some. There's a few spots where it's out of sync with the main but nothing real bad.    Anyway ..  just my opinion.  Great work !      mark

thanks mate:i put me voice through antarees harmonizer for the high voice.thanks for listen/comments.jack c.

3 hours ago, Lynn Wilson said:

This is a fabulous song, Jack!  I like everything about it except that I couldn't understand all the lyrics easily.  Your words and voice are good enough to shine if you let them.  All in all, your creativity is off the charts!

boy what a wonderful statement!!!!!thank you.jack c.

couldn't understand all the lyrics easily. 

suggestions what i may do about this??????????????