Weather Channel Discovery

bayoubill

I Am not Shure which rock I was living under but one day while as snow storm approached, I believe it was 1999 and I was just north of Branson Mo,  I tuned in the Weather Channel. In those days it wasn't near as commercialized as today and as I watched there was music playing, I had herd Steve Morse tunes on it before but this was very new to me. I vowed to find out what band and guitarist that was. Eventually I found the 2 tunes and went and bought the CD's. One was named Assembler and the other Double Up.  

2 hours ago, Mesh said:

Right on Bill....I have some new (found) music to listen to today

I bought Connors' Assmebler CD first back in the day. It blew me away. I had no idea he was in Chic Corea's Return To Forever Band. I liked his music better than Holdsworth I suppose cuz of the 3 piece. He has a CD named   Return   Mesh you should check out

• Great Idea 1

I was a fairly big fan of Steve Morse so I gave those 3 tracks a listen, and I could not listen past halfway each.  No melodic content for my ears.

But if you don't have Steve Morse's "High Tension Wires", that's the one to put at the top of your listening list.  Every track is bursting with "Man, this is great.!"

But there are a few discs by Morse that I have difficulty listening to, similar to the above tracks.  'Goes aimless.

Edited by Toddskins

Steve Morse and Frank Gambale are the two I have most of.  Everything I could find each guy from 1976 I think  starting with the Dregs. If you have checked out Gambale then put him on your list. 

Todd don't close the door on Bill Connors. He's one of those guys you'll like the more you listen. He has quite a few CD's he played on

1978 What a band!

Edited by bayoubill
A sandwich walked out of a bar ...cuz they didn't serve food

Sorry, Bill.   I really dislike that song.  I am not a fan of the Dregs, even though I bought a couple of their albums.

Taxing to listen to a lot of that.

I think you are impressed with technicianship more than song composition and melody.

If you have High Tension Wires, or The Introduction, or Stand Up, then you know there's a big difference in them vs. what he did formerly with the Dregs.  

Edited by Toddskins