IK GB recommendation

Patricio Campos

1 hour ago, InstrEd said:

@Zo  It works with all versions of Sampletank4,  even the free CS version :D

Is there a way if somebody have the full S4 to choose what we want to install and so use , i used to love the electronic drums in Sampletank 2 ect ..

8 hours ago, Zo said:

Ok guyz i found the bug , @Jacques Boileau try this , make a preset , then change the routing (for exemple from mono to dual mono ) and then come back to original , it  gets back to normal , try it and confirm before hit Ryan to escalade this

Well, I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't tried it. You are right, doing this routing switch does bring the CPU down. 5.2.0 is still a little more CPU hungry, but not by much. I repeated the same tests I had done 2 days ago for support to clearly show the problem, but this time using this routing switcheroo. Here is a summary of the results. I created tracks in Cakewalk with AT5 on each track at its default preset. I started getting crashes when going over 60 tracks, so kept that as a maximum.

5.0.3 - 60 tracks was using about 67% CPU

5.2.0 - 60 tracks was 100% and actually the PC was not responding very well

5.2.0 - 20 tracks brought the CPU about on par with 60 tracks in 5.0.3

with your manipulation on each instance of AT5 on each track, I was able to get:

5.2.0 - 60 tracks with 78% CPU usage a bit more than 5.0.3

5.2.0 - 51 tracks brought the CPU about on par with 60 tracks in 5.0.3

Of course you have found a way to show the problem, they will have to figure out the bug in their code. 😋 But I understood what you meant.

I have sent my tests report to support through the ticket I had already opened. In it I linked to your post to give you credit for the find.

Edited by Jacques Boileau
  • Thanks 3

53 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Well, I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't tried it. You are right, doing this routing switch does bring the CPU down. 5.2.0 is still a little more CPU hungry, but not by much. I repeated the same tests I had done 2 days ago for support to clearly show the problem, but this time using this routing switcheroo. Here is a summary of the results. I created tracks in Cakewalk with AT5 on each track at its default preset. I started getting crashes when going over 60 tracks, so kept that as a maximum.

5.0.3 - 60 tracks was using about 67% CPU

5.2.0 - 60 tracks was 100% and actually the PC was not responding very well

5.2.0 - 20 tracks brought the CPU about on par with 60 tracks in 5.0.3

with your manipulation on each instance of AT5 on each track, I was able to get:

5.2.0 - 60 tracks with 78% CPU usage a bit more than 5.0.3

5.2.0 - 51 tracks brought the CPU about on par with 60 tracks in 5.0.3

Of course you have found a way to show the problem, they will have to figure out the bug in their code. 😋 But I understood what you meant.

I have sent my tests report to support through the ticket I had already opened. In it I linked to your post to give you credit for the find.

Cool , i sent also a video to Ryan , he will escalade it also !! I will certainly roll back since the only thing missing will be the  xpedal but no big deal for now...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zo said:

Cool , i sent also a video to Ryan , he will escalade it also !! I will certainly roll back since the only thing missing will be the  xpedal but no big deal for now...

X-Pedals work in 5.1.1.  I thought the CPU issues came with 5.2.0.

Edited by User 905133
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Zo said:

Jacques what are the change log from 5.03 to5.1.0 ?

Past Releases
Version    Release Date    Release Info    Files
5.1.1    2021-09-16    Changes from previous version:

Fixed Pitch Shifter rack version split mode that had a wrong behavior. Now it splits the dry and pitched signal between left and right channels.
Receive channel in MIDI dialog in the preferences window now supports a None option to ignore any incoming MIDI signal from any channel.
Fixed Brit Silver wrong push-pull behavior.
Updated all Brian May presets containing the Chours CE-1 pedal that had a wrong behavior causing the presets to be too processed.
Fixed X-TIME’s Arctic model that had no delayed signal when BPM mode was active.
Fixed a possible crash while drag & dropping pedals.

5.1.0    2021-09-09    Changes from version 5.0.3:

What’s new
New X-GEAR pedals are now available in AmpliTube 5 and purchasable via Custom Shop. Including: X-DRIVE, X-VIBE, X-TIME and X-SPACE.
Spillover is now implemented in all reverb and delay effects (the effect’s tail persists when the gear is bypassed).
Improvements
General reliability improvements.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jacques Boileau said:

No, the cpu increase happened from 5.0.3 to 5.1.0.

Good to know! Thanks for clarifying this.  I have been setting up a 2011 era PC for doing music because it has OpenGL2 (required by AT5 and other IK stuff) and more than twice the power of my current Audio PC.  So far AT5.1.1 has not been an issue for me, but I just started trying out AT5 about a month ago.  If I run into CPU issues, I might try 5.0.3, but I have been having fun with the X-Pedals and don't want to lose them!!  

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

18 hours ago, Zo said:

Is there a way if somebody have the full S4 to choose what we want to install and so use , i used to love the electronic drums in Sampletank 2 ect ..

I have ST4 MAX fully installed on my DAW desktop PC, and thought about trying a partial ST4 MAX install onto my laptop due to its limited internal drive space.

As far as I can tell, IK has never addressed that question with a selective installer. The ST4 main instruments installer places presets for all instruments in your ST4 edition, by default. So even if you choose not to install some sample libraries in your account, you will end up with some presets in the browser that don't have samples available [resulting in error if you try to load them].

The only workaround that I think may work is that you would have to hack the ST4 preset folders to delete the instrument presets that you do not desire.

But in the end I decided it would be too much work to slice and dice, and ended up putting everything on an external USB drive for my laptop. Just copied the entire ST4 sample library path from my DAW onto a spare USB drive, and hooked that up to my laptop. My laptop is actually just a mobile office, and the music software on there is really just a toy that I like to mess with when I travel.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, abacab said:

I have ST4 MAX fully installed on my DAW desktop PC, and thought about trying a partial ST4 MAX install onto my laptop due to its limited internal drive space.

As far as I can tell, IK has never addressed that question with a selective installer. The ST4 main instruments installer places presets for all instruments in your ST4 edition, by default. So even if you choose not to install some sample libraries in your account, you will end up with some presets in the browser that don't have samples available [resulting in error if you try to load them].

The only workaround that I think may work is that you would have to hack the ST4 preset folders to delete the instrument presets that you do not desire.

But in the end I decided it would be too much work to slice and dice, and ended up putting everything on an external USB drive for my laptop. Just copied the entire ST4 sample library path from my DAW onto a spare USB drive, and hooked that up to my laptop. My laptop is actually just a mobile office, and the music software on there is really just a toy that I like to mess with when I travel.

Good solution. I think ST4 SE version still loads the full standard library.

7 hours ago, User 905133 said:

Good to know! Thanks for clarifying this.  I have been setting up a 2011 era PC for doing music because it has OpenGL2 (required by AT5 and other IK stuff) and more than twice the power of my current Audio PC.  So far AT5.1.1 has not been an issue for me, but I just started trying out AT5 about a month ago.  If I run into CPU issues, I might try 5.0.3, but I have been having fun with the X-Pedals and don't want to lose them!!  

As long as it works well, keep it up to date. No need to stay in the past.

I believe that what Zo and I have provided to IK support about the problem, I am confident it will get fixed sooner than later.

• Great Idea 2

On 10/27/2021 at 10:34 AM, cclarry said:

Buy SampleTron II (which is quite nice BTW) using Gear Credits.
Do this by buying 200 Gear Credits in the online store
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/index.php?R=INIT&FV=all-credits-family-related-products&CV=Other Filter&PSEL=allcredits
for $159.99, and with Maximum Jampoints of 48
drops the price to  $112.  Go to the Custom Shop. select SampleTron II, pay with 
the 200 gear credits, and this will get you in at the $199.99 level and 24 freebies!

I just pulled the trigger last minute, but a minute before that I came across this post, and for some reason neither Sampletron and some other products appears in Custom Shop.

Good tip/hack!

EDIT: Finally found it! Its shown as an upgrade/crossgrade, but for some reason it didnt appear in search by name, but it does under collections.

Edited by TR
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Mesh said:

Which Leslie do you guys suggest for a guitarist? I know the obvious choice seems to be the AmpliTube version, but wanted to know if the TRackS version has something else to offer or has the same features?

The one that sounds best to your ears... O.o

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mesh said:

Which Leslie do you guys suggest for a guitarist? I know the obvious choice seems to be the AmpliTube version, but wanted to know if the TRackS version has something else to offer or has the same features?

It depends on if you want to use Lesley exclusively within the AmpliTube ecosystem, or as an outboard plugin effect that you can use anywhere. I believe that they are basically the same, except the AmpliTube cabinet version is represented as a mono input to the AmpliTube mixer.

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1