IK GB recommendation

Patricio Campos

2 minutes ago, Zo said:

Grabbed Amplitube 

Choosed already Modo Drum and Sample tron 2 , worth of those alone , Sampletank is too heavy with GB can we install only the app or the SE is already like the big one without library ?

Another Question @Peter - IK Multimedia i installed demo of B3 and modo drums , do i need ot re install or authorise demo is exactly like the full thing ?

Thks and much love to IK with all those deals around , this one makes them looks like mainstream media ...lol 

I'm pretty sure you just have to register it if you buy it.  I demod the X-Gear pedals, and when I picked them up, I just had to register and it showed I owned them. No other installation necessary.

17 hours ago, Jacques Boileau said:

a good friend hasn't had the time to go to the store and buy a physical product (the deal would be worthless for him without an interface) and it has gotten to the point that a shipment would be far to risky to not make the registration deadline.

Note this on the group buy page:

"WHAT HAPPENS IF MY QUALIFYING HARDWARE PURCHASE DOESN’T ARRIVE IN TIME?
We’re offering a general 1-week grace period following the close of the Group Buy to register your qualifying hardware purchase. Or, if you receive your unit after that window ends, please register via the IK Product Manager and then contact our support team with your proof of purchase"

3 minutes ago, Zo said:

Grabbed Amplitube 

Choosed already Modo Drum and Sample tron 2 , worth of those alone , Sampletank is too heavy with GB can we install only the app or the SE is already like the big one without library ?

Another Question @Peter - IK Multimedia i installed demo of B3 and modo drums , do i need ot re install or authorise demo is exactly like the full thing ?

Thks and much love to IK with all those deals around , this one makes them looks like mainstream media ...lol 

You can authorize and it will unlock/register/authorize those products fully and correctly.

18 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Still going through stress as a good friend hasn't had the time to go to the store and buy a physical product (the deal would be worthless for him without an interface) and it has gotten to the point that a shipment would be far to risky to not make the registration deadline.

4 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Note this on the group buy page:

"WHAT HAPPENS IF MY QUALIFYING HARDWARE PURCHASE DOESN’T ARRIVE IN TIME?
We’re offering a general 1-week grace period following the close of the Group Buy to register your qualifying hardware purchase. Or, if you receive your unit after that window ends, please register via the IK Product Manager and then contact our support team with your proof of purchase"

You can authorize and it will unlock/register/authorize those products fully and correctly.

Fixed. Peter you were not responding to the correct person.

• Thanks 1

Guyz i'm on an old version of Amplitube , i wanna try those new pedals from IK ( x drive ...ect...) so i need to update Amplitube witch i'm not really warm to do .... anybody expérienced also  that new version are more cpu hungry than old one ?

Just now, Zo said:

Guyz i'm on an old version of Amplitube , i wanna try those new pedals from IK ( x drive ...ect...) so i need to update Amplitube witch i'm not really warm to do .... anybody expérienced also  that new version are more cpu hungry than old one ?

Check this thread: 

Also, I did some test for support this morning and did a write up showing them what is happening on my system. They are reviewing it as we speak  write!

Just now, Jacques Boileau said:

Check this thread: 

Also, I did some test for support this morning and did a write up showing them what is happening on my system. They are reviewing it as we speak  write!

Yeah Jacques i was refering to your finding just asking if it has been confirmed by other or is it "your system" releated 

Just now, Zo said:

Yeah Jacques i was refering to your finding just asking if it has been confirmed by other or is it "your system" releated 

What I can concur from all the talk about this, is that if you have an enough capable system it won't bother you.

Don't be overlay alarmed by this. In any case, you can revert back so easily that you should not wait and simply upgrade. If ever you have a problem you can easily rollback. All previous version installers are available on IK site. I must say kudos to them for that, very nice!

I think my email to them this morning showed clearly what is happening. I will continue to be available and perform any test they need.

• Thanks 1

@Peter - IK Multimedia

Please , please , please , where do the drive in Modo drums comes from ?  is availlable outside ? 

Byt the way modo drums cpu hit is inconsistant and it's worst when gui open so my guess is last framework (for amplitube / modo / ect ...) might be something to double check on the gui side 

• Like 1

Guyz , i have choosen Dr Z stuff in my freebees  , and no matter how much i restored my purchase in the CS , it's still labeled as not owned in Amplitube while green and owned in CS .....

Any clue ??

A few questions for the brain trust here. Believe it or not, I'm still on the fence with the group buy.  I'm not trying to be cheeky. I'm genuinely torn about about getting into the group buy.

Is there a benefit to owning Amplitude if I already own Guitar Rig?  (Also note that I play keyboards and not guitar.)

Is there a benefit to owning T-Racks if I already own Ozone 8 advanced, Neutron 3 advanced, Tonal Balance control, and all the Presonus retro fat channel stuff

Is there a benefit to owning Modo Drums and Bass  if I already own Superior Drummer and Ezbass?

Is there a benefit to owning Syntronik if I already own UVI Vintage vault?

I feel like I don't need anything from IK Multimedia, but the deal is too good to pass up! Please help me to pull the trigger! (or not)

@Scott H 

It is nice to have variety.  Syntronik is very nice to have.  As a keyboard player myself you could get Sampletank4 for  Cinekinetik  plus get the Hammond B-3X.
Really if you aren't breaking the bank to spend a few $$ this is really a great deal.    I brought Amplitube 5 one of my buy-ins.   I watched a few youtube viedoes and thought might as get something totally new and figure how to use it with the keyboard.   Mixbox I liked when it came out but couldn't spend the money for it.  This group buy made that an easy one for me to pick up.  

My few cents worth of ramblings :D

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 2

1 hour ago, Scott H said:

Is there a benefit to owning Amplitude if I already own Guitar Rig?  (Also note that I play keyboards and not guitar.)

It depends on what you play and how picky you are. If you play fender rhodes they are often paired with fender twins. I usually go to either amplitube or s-gear for fender amps. If you play B-3 the leslie collection in amplitube is nice. This gb I got the leslie for t-racks for synth/organs rather than use amplitube. 

• Great Idea 2

1 hour ago, Scott H said:

A few questions for the brain trust here. Believe it or not, I'm still on the fence with the group buy.  I'm not trying to be cheeky. I'm genuinely torn about about getting into the group buy.

Is there a benefit to owning T-Racks if I already own Ozone 8 advanced, Neutron 3 advanced, Tonal Balance control, and all the Presonus retro fat channel stuff

Is there a benefit to owning Modo Drums and Bass  if I already own Superior Drummer and Ezbass?

Is there a benefit to owning Syntronik if I already own UVI Vintage vault?

I feel like I don't need anything from IK Multimedia, but the deal is too good to pass up! Please help me to pull the trigger! (or not)

Amplitube is superior to guitar rig 

Ozone and neutron are exellent but cpu hoggs imho and tracks stuff are just fun to use and faster imho

Modo drum srpised me , i have xln and toontrack stuff , gonna use it for sounddesigning my own oldschool drim kinda loops , cpu hogg is the only cons

UVI vintage vault is superior to syntronik

Modo bass gets used 99 % of the time versus ez bass here 

So my answer is it depends on how much you gonna pay for the group buy

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

8 hours ago, Zo said:

Ok @Peter - IK Multimedia so basically Demo's are full products but with time limit , am i correct ?

Well that and very persistent frequent white noise that makes the demo close to worthless.

It is supposed to only do this after a trial, but I did this with at least 7 products, even while keeping custom shop and install manager open.

(I usually just bought it or made it as my freebie to get rid of the noise.)

YMMV

Edited by Brian Walton