IK GB recommendation

Patricio Campos

I actually don't need anything from IK so I wasn't interested in the IK group buy, but now that the top tier was reached I am thinking in pulling the trigger just because it looks like the value for the money is a no brainer.  I tried to read all the posts for the IK GB threads but it's a mess in there so I would lke to ask if someone could recomend a way to get the best value for the money in this promotion.

I've read in some post that you could do something like purchasing Jampoints for something like $140 or so and then get into the $199 product tier, but I am not sure if this is yet possible or if I misread something.

I have $126 Jampoints (I am not sure how could I use it) and a few products; Syntronic J-60; Amplitbe 4, 5 and CS with some modules; Sampletank CS and 3SE with some instruments; and T-RackS CS with some modules.

Any suggestions?

• Like 1

Just now, Patricio Campos said:

I actually don't need anything from IK so I wasn't interested in the IK group buy, but now that the top tier was reached I am thinking in pulling the trigger just because it looks like the value for the money is a no brainer.  I tried to read all the posts for the IK GB threads but it's a mess in there so I would lke to ask if someone could recomend a way to get the best value for the money in this promotion.

I've read in some post that you could do something like purchasing Jampoints for something like $140 or so and then get into the $199 product tier, but I am not sure if this is yet possible or if I misread something.

I have $126 Jampoints (I am not sure how could I use it) and a few products; Syntronic J-60; Amplitbe 4, 5 and CS with some modules; Sampletank CS and 3SE with some instruments; and T-RackS CS with some modules.

Any suggestions?

Buy SampleTron II (which is quite nice BTW) using Gear Credits.
Do this by buying 200 Gear Credits in the online store
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/index.php?R=INIT&FV=all-credits-family-related-products&CV=Other Filter&PSEL=allcredits
for $159.99, and with Maximum Jampoints of 48
drops the price to  $112.  Go to the Custom Shop. select SampleTron II, pay with 
the 200 gear credits, and this will get you in at the $199.99 level and 24 freebies!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Great Idea 2

If you don't yet have any IK products, you probably want to go to the KVR buy and sell forum and get there for cheap any product originally over $100 - that will qualify you for crossgrade prices

From memory, I think Sampletron II is not in the list in Custom Shop, but if you get an Amplitube 5 crossgrade, that will qualify for getting Sampletron II

Edited by Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann
Sampletron IS in CS, I was just too clumsy to find it, lol!
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

From memory, I think Sampletron II is not in the list in Custom Shop, but if you get an Amplitube 5 crossgrade, that will qualify for getting Sampletron II

SampleTron 2 is listed in the Custom Shop under the SampleTank tab for 200 GC.

Custom Shop - SampleTron.JPG

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Patricio Campos said:

Any suggestions?

As Larry already said, shooting for the $199 tier is a good plan!

That should get you the most bang for the buck on freebies. For example, for the $199 tier you get MODO Bass, MODO Drum, Hammond B-3X, MixBox, SampleTank 4, Syntronik, plus plenty of extras in the lower tiers like T-RackS modules and AmpliTube collections, and some instruments like Miroslav 2 CE, and some SampleTank instruments.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

If you don't yet have any IK products, you probably want to go to the KVR buy and sell forum and get there for cheap any product originally over $100 - that will qualify you for crossgrade prices

Only if they are not transferred licenses!
Transferred licensed get you no credit in Group Buy - verified that when I sold my IKM Hammond.

15 minutes ago, abacab said:

As Larry already said, shooting for the $199 tier is a good plan!

That should get you the most bang for the buck on freebies. For example, for the $199 tier you get MODO Bass, MODO Drum, Hammond B-3X, MixBox, SampleTank 4, Syntronik, plus plenty of extras in the lower tiers like T-RackS modules and AmpliTube collections, and some instruments like Miroslav 2 CE, and some SampleTank instruments.

I was going to post something just like this but you beat me too it!  

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

3 hours ago, cclarry said:

Buy SampleTron II (which is quite nice BTW) using Gear Credits.
Do this by buying 200 Gear Credits in the online store
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/index.php?R=INIT&FV=all-credits-family-related-products&CV=Other Filter&PSEL=allcredits
for $159.99, and with Maximum Jampoints of 48
drops the price to  $112.  Go to the Custom Shop. select SampleTron II, pay with 
the 200 gear credits, and this will get you in at the $199.99 level and 24 freebies!

I followed the same strategy but I bought the Arc3 s/mic - as you can't get hardware as your GP freebie, but you can get SampleTron II!

Edit: if you are going for Arc3 w/mic make sure your buying it at $199 level not the $149 crossgrade* so that you qualify for $199 level freebies.
*probably not an issue in your case

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

3 hours ago, Patricio Campos said:

Any suggestions?

As somebody has pointed out earlier, you still may need to buy something at the $99 level first, before joining the GB. It is not entirely clear fom what you posted if you qualify for crossgrade prices.

That is so that you will be eligible for the big hitter freebies at the $199 level, such as the MODO's and the Hammond.

Those are crossgrade price tier freebies at $199. So you will not see them as available freebies if you do not already own an IK product with MSRP of $99 or up.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, abacab said:

As somebody has pointed out earlier, you still may need to buy something at the $99 level first, before joining the GB. It is not entirely clear fom what you posted if you qualify for crossgrade prices.

That is so that you will be eligible for the big hitter freebies at the $199 level, such as the MODO's and the Hammond.

Those are crossgrade price tier freebies at $199. So you will not see them as available freebies if you do not already own an IK product with MSRP of $99 or up.

Buying SampleTron II would automatically qualify you for crossgrade pricing...as it's more than $99

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1