More NPR Bumper Music

David Sprouse

This is from wikipedia:

Bumper music, or a bump, is a term used in the radio broadcasting industry to refer to short clips of signature songs or theme music used to buffer transitions between programming elements, typically lasting no longer than fifteen seconds.[1] It is also a term for music played at music venues such as concerts before showtime, to fill the air, with a musical atmosphere. Bumper music is commonly employed when a syndicated program takes a break for local station identification or "goes to a radio advertisement." More often than not it is called a "bump" in today's radio; NPR also uses the term "button". It is also referred to as "rejoiner music" when the bumper music marks the end of a local break on a radio network.

Your gonna hate me ... I think this piece, although the glue between this or that, still needs the feel of someone playing the sound with ups and downs, perhaps a pause with a cello playing at counter ... this 'bump' does not work for me, the violin patch is far too repetitive and harsh but leads into a really great bit at the end which is, most probably the bit that works most,  for me anyhow .. There, I told you you'd hate me.

Still love your stuff though

Steve :$

1 minute ago, SupaReels said:

Your gonna hate me ... I think this piece, although the glue between this or that, still needs the feel of someone playing the sound with ups and downs, perhaps a pause with a cello playing at counter ... this 'bump' does not work for me, the violin patch is far too repetitive and harsh but leads into a really great bit at the end which is, most probably the bit that works most,  for me anyhow .. There, I told you you'd hate me.

Still love your stuff though

Steve :$

Thanks for your honesty, Steve.  These  are meant to be cut up and only tiny snippets are used.  Can't win them all...  :D

• Haha 1