AYAIC MIX MONOLITH

cclarry

23 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Not an informed opinion, but in the little bit of research I did for reviews on this (they announced this was coming on social media a few days ago) the small consensus was pretty mixed.

Not that it has all the bells and whistles, but I'm thinking about checking out Hornet's Normalizer for some of the same ideas at a $4 price point.   https://www.hornetplugins.com/plugins/hornet-thenormalizer/

The small consensus was pretty mixed… Considering that the goal of this plugin is also a pretty mix, that must be a good thing, no?   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

After messing around with the demo yesterday, and also watching a few of their videos that explain how to get the best results from this plugin, I ended up buying it. I like the idea that it puts forth, and I found that when I tried it out on one of my mixes, it gave me some nice results.

Something that I think I will try, is to use this for gain staging, and then the smart eq and comp by Sonible for preliminary tonal shaping. I think the combination of these items together will put me at a very good starting point in a mix. I love these kinds of plugins because they seek to streamline your workflow, and help you to speed up your entire mix process.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, burtles101 said:

After messing around with the demo yesterday, and also watching a few of their videos that explain how to get the best results from this plugin, I ended up buying it. I like the idea that it puts forth, and I found that when I tried it out on one of my mixes, it gave me some nice results.

Something that I think I will try, is to use this for gain staging, and then the smart eq and comp by Sonible for preliminary tonal shaping. I think the combination of these items together will put me at a very good starting point in a mix. I love these kinds of plugins because they seek to streamline your workflow, and help you to speed up your entire mix process.

Yes, exactly. It can be a time saver. 
Personally, I like the quick way I can add ducking or expanding to tracks or groups of tracks without using the daw sends.
Now I'm going to experiment with ducking and expanding tracks in new ways that I have not tried before. 

The  COS Pro EQ looks like a decent tool too. I was watching the YouTube videos. I may grab that too when it goes on sale.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Michael Docy said:

The  COS Pro EQ looks like a decent tool too. I was watching the YouTube videos. I may grab that too when it goes on sale.

On sale now for $83.16 with code GROUP at JRR

https://www.jrrshop.com/ayaicware-ceilings-of-sound-plugin-pro

$79 with code #SWEET at Best Service

https://www.bestservice.com/ceilings_of_sound_pro.html

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1