1931 Dracula restoration.

Shane_B.

7 hours ago, craigb said:

*Pfft...*  Clearly it's not the same!

(The times are completely different!)

😜

My wife hates the chimes because they are so loud so I only run it when she's gone. She just found out at like 10pm last night she has to go to Hawaii again for work for the 5th time this year Monday morning. So I'll fire it up then. I may actually get some recording done because I'm 99% done with my remodel project. Woohoo!

On 10/25/2021 at 11:44 AM, Shane_B. said:

Universal has been restoring and preserving some of their old movies for their 100th anniversary. This video shows how they restored Dracula and how they edited and fixed a lot of audio problems. They released a box set a couple of weeks ago with the original Dracula, Frankenstein, The Invisible Man, and The Wolf Man all completely restored. I ordered it last night. Here's a link to it on Amazon.

100th anniversary was almost 10 years ago.  

And the restoration has been around for at least 5 years.  They used the same restoration for the new 4k box set as has been released downsampled to numerous BluRay releases over the past few years.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, craigb said:

Incontinence?  🤔

(Looks like a bit of a pee stain there... 😜 )

Nope. That side is brand new. Nobody has ever sat there until now. 😁

The other side though is trashed. I had to sleep there a month after surgery earlier this year. They sure don't make furniture like they used to.

37 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

100th anniversary was almost 10 years ago.  

And the restoration has been around for at least 5 years.  They used the same restoration for the new 4k box set as has been released downsampled to numerous BluRay releases over the past few years.

This is the first I've owned these movies on any format. I skipped all of the prior releases. One thing I don't like about going from BluRay to 4K is it seems to do something to the film grain making it look unnatural. The set comes with the BluRay release as well. I'll have to compare them some time. As luck would have it my Samsung hi end 4K player died. I got a lesser expensive Sony Region Free. So far I love the Region free part but I don't think it's quite as clear as the Samsung.