1931 Dracula restoration.

Shane_B.

Universal has been restoring and preserving some of their old movies for their 100th anniversary. This video shows how they restored Dracula and how they edited and fixed a lot of audio problems. They released a box set a couple of weeks ago with the original Dracula, Frankenstein, The Invisible Man, and The Wolf Man all completely restored. I ordered it last night. Here's a link to it on Amazon.

• Like 2

The Royal family in England are blood relatives of Vlad. They even own property in Transylvania.

Vlad just did what he had to do considering the circumstances and the brutality of the enemy. That entire area of the world would probably look radically different today if not for him. I guess I never really viewed him as a bad guy. Eccentric maybe, but he did what he had to do considering who he was fighting. From what I've read he impaled people in response to how the sultan of the Ottoman Empire treated his people.

The other fun fact about the 1931 Dracula movie is, it was originally billed as a romance and was released on Valentine's Day in 1931.

It arrived yesterday and I watched Dracula. They did an incredible job restoring it.

Edited by Shane_B.
Fixed typo.

23 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

The Royal family in England are blood relatives of Vlad. They even own property in Transylvania.

Vlad just did what he had to do considering the circumstances and the brutality of the enemy. That entire area of the world would probably look radically different today if not for him. I guess I never really viewed him as a bad guy. Eccentric maybe, but he did what he had to do considering who he was fighting. From what I've read he impaled people in response to how the sultan of the Ottoman Empire treated his people.

You seem to know a lot about this stuff... Care to make me a nice big smile so I can take a look in there? 🧛‍♀️😁

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jacques Boileau said:

You seem to know a lot about this stuff... Care to make me a nice big smile so I can take a look in there? 🧛‍♀️😁

I saw a story about the Royal Family a while back and thought it was fake news so I looked in to it. It turns out it is true. Charles and the Queen are descendants and own property in the Transylvania region. Of course, the last I heard the Queen owns 1/6 of the entire planet so it's not surprising to me they own land there, but I was shocked to read they are actually descendants. I would think people would not admit to being related to Dracula the same way they deny being related to the guy with the tiny funny mustache. 

As for the Ottoman Empire stuff, if you read history and read between the lines there's a very good reason why he acted the way he did. Other armies have had to resort to such tactics over the centuries as well with that particular enemy.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2021 at 3:16 PM, Shane_B. said:

The Royal family in England are blood relatives of Vlad. 

It wouldn't surprise me, they've been bleeding us dry for centuries.

On 10/27/2021 at 3:16 PM, Shane_B. said:

Vlad just did what he had to do considering the circumstances and the brutality of the enemy.

Completely true - he was exceptionally brutal toward 'The Turks' as a form of deterrent.

• Like 2

Ok. Now this is too much. I'm watching The Wolf Man now and during the one scene I noticed something familiar. The clock in this scene is identical to the one I have on my fireplace mantle. It's a 110 year old Sessions clock my sister gave me for Christmas in 1990. I just had it restored last year. Unreal.

20211028_231526_HDR~2.jpg

20211028_231602_HDR~2.jpg