Native Instruments is giving away a new instrument

jesse g

6 minutes ago, Vernon Barnes said:

Works in KK here.  The jury is out on how useful this will be to me. I am not really sure on the play series in general. There are some nice sounds when you find them.  

I personally like the idea behind the Play series. Some of them are really cool, my favorites are the Modular Icons, Butch Vig.. and believe it or not.. I use Hybrid Keys and Analog Dreams a lot. I am able to get some great results with them.. This one though.. I am not sure about. I was tinkering around with it.  . it seems all over the place. I guess because it supposed to cover all the different sounds of the NI product portfolio. It seems to be a little all over the map  soundwise.  I like the Play series that are focused on a particular genre .. so you know you are using a tool for a particular purpose. The problem with play series instruments is , they are a performance hit, depending on the number of effects in the preset.

16 hours ago, Vernon Barnes said:

Works in KK here.  The jury is out on how useful this will be to me. I am not really sure on the play series in general. There are some nice sounds when you find them.  

It's probably not worth the disk space.  Too many weird sounding synths out there and the question is "Ok how will I use it?"