Sign in to follow this  
thegaltieribrothers

love's eyes opened

Hi there fellow Cakewalk by BandLabbers!

Please give our new song  love's eyes opened a play and let us know what you think.

Best wishes on a sunny day in Birmingham UK.

Keep on playing you never know who's listening!

regards

paul

Edited by thegaltieribrothers
add
  • Like 4

Paul , It's been a while and you Sure came back Strong with this one. Sounds like dance music that I used to Love in the 80's and 90's.  Kinda new wave'ish and it brought me back to my long gone  Saturday nights.    Great energy.            mark 

• Like 1

Nice upbeat song, Paul! Love the supporting guitar phrases.

• Like 1

Well Paul this one hits the road running, this has a certain vibe about which harks back a few years but it works, mix sound fine hear, perhaps a little more weight in the bass/bottom end to bring it to the modern sound.

I liked it.

• Like 1

Paul
You definitely have the 80s sound there. Love the lyrics! Kinda describes that giddy feeling at the beginning of a relationship that changes once you realize (s)he's not at all like you imagined.
-Bjorn

• Like 1

Yeah its got that sound alright poppickers , there`s so much in there vocals are great great track with lots of  suprises to keep ones attention well thought out

• Like 1

Very nice indeed.  Love the post-new wave feel to this song.  The upbeat tempo and lyrics really make this song a winner.  Oh ya, the instrumental fills and accents definitely add to the song.  Well done!!

• Like 1

Love this tune, the poppy 80's, the vocals. Maybe the drums could do with just a bit less presence when you are singing? Maybe cut the reverb a bit on the drums when you are singing?  

You could cut the drums completely from 2:03 to 2:06, let that vocal transition pop out a bit more for impact? Just a thought.

Quite good in a 1986 kind of way - thanks!

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 1

Smashing lyrics ! You have loved and lost, that's for sure . Tom has great input when it comes to this song, so it's worth the time to see if he's comments work in the mix. My only crit is that the vocal, although good, seems a little rushed, to me it seems your trying to catch up with the beat, but as said I love the words you chose for the story and like the other guys here the 80's feel.  Well done

ATB

Steve

• Like 1

Your songwriting just gets better and better!  I really like your voice and melody on this song.  Overall, your consistency is there, and you should be gaining quite a following by now.  Can't wait to hear your next song!

• Like 2

Hi Wookiee,

Glad you liked it thanks for listening.

Hi Bjorn,

Yes the song is about whether you are a keeper when love's sting fades.

Thank you both for listening and commenting it means a lot.

best wishes

paul

Great pop song brothers, liking the vocals and lyrics a lot, this was the music that even the clumsy (like me) could dance to back in the day :)

I was thinking as I was listening how that smashing omnipresent long tailed snare sound ruled the 90's . . . and it made me wonder if you've ever tried a version of this with a tighter reverberant snare ? It's such a well crafted song idea, but seems very tied to the 90's by that snare sound. Don't get me wrong, if that's what you were going for, you nailed it !  . . . but still I wonder.

• Like 1

Hi Paul,

That's right pop-pickers it's back to the eighties by popular vote 😉 

Hi freddy,

Glad you liked the song, thank you both for listening and commenting it means a lot.

best wishes 

paul