Albion One is Half Price!

Reid Rosefelt

1 hour ago, Starise said:

TheSteven can you spare some change? 

Real change must come from within. 
Try some steps, avoid things that are hard to reverse like face tattoos or nose removals.
Your mum is still mad at me from what we tried last time.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, TheSteven said:

Try some steps, avoid things that are hard to reverse like face tattoos or nose removals.

Did you ever feel really misunderstood? 😁

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TheSteven said:

This should be a sticky.

It's a nice library. Still on the fence. Mainly because I haven't recently mixed any material that would use it. 50% off looks good though. I have the dough for it. That isn't the issue here. I think I've been on the deals forum for so long that 200 quid seems high to me. I know it isn't for a lib like this. I don't know what the future holds. I might tend to use more of this in the future and by then it might be back up there again and I'll be smacking myself I didn't buy it. I'll need a hard drive too. I have 4 almost full drives.

50% of a million is a lot of dough. 50% of 500K is a lot of dough..........makes 50% of 400.00 look a lot better. Keep going, I'll talk myself into this.

• Like 1

Well, I was on the fence, too. I forged ahead and got it, even though I already have Adagietto - the Albion stuff sounds exactly like I'm sitting in a big movie theater. Too cool. 

I reasoned: if I don't get it, Spielberg calls and offers me a job. SOL there.

If I do get it, no one ever calls me for a job. But I have a lot of fun.  WIN.

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 1

As someone who doesn't really own much orchestral content, this was a good opportunity for me to jump into something of much better quality. I may also not use it a great deal, but it is significantly deeper in content than I was expecting. I have never been a huge fan of Kontakt's GUI, but quickly forgot what player I was using once I jumped into the library. It is definitely a nice library, and since I have nothing to really compare it too, I won't have anything to complain about. 😁

• Like 2

Among the many things I like about Albion ONE: they have the best string ensemble spiccato and staccato  articulations in the business, to my ears. The velocity layer calibration is just right, and there is not a hint of the machine-gun effect, and it all sounds really wonderful. You can go from light and agile, to punchy and authoritative, and it always sounds natural. 

• Like 1

Re: Copy the Albion ONE folder to your Documents folder

That folder contains *.nka files...
What do they do and how can I verify if they are working?
My Documents folder is set to point somewhere other than "C:\Users\steven\Documents"
Some apps find the remapped location other don't.

I didn't even realize that "file" was there... the Spitfire Audio app install defaults to my main user directory (C:\Users\[username]) and I just left it there. After launching Kontakt to add the library, that prompted Native Access to launch so I could register the S/N, and then prompted me to locate the library for Kontakt. I never copied/moved it anywhere, just mapped it to where it was installed. I am not sure if this is what you are asking though?

What an odd file name to have in the main directory though.

The NKA files are presets for the Ostinatum arp feature.    But at least for me putting them in my Documents folder doesn't work.  Looking at the file access log it seems to be looking for %userprofile%\Documents\Albion ONE\Data which doesn't exist so the load button brings me to the Kontakt 5 default directory.

But if you make a Data folder and move all the .nka files into it, then the load button will work correctly.

To be honest this kind of poor attention to detail isn't uncommon with Spitfire.   I don't think Windows is their preferred platform.

lktMjo.jpg

Short version: copy the Albion ONE folder that is inside the Spitfire Albion ONE library folder to your user Documents folder (which may be something like c:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents

Then inside it make a new folder called Data and move all the .nka files into it.  Then you can load the Ostinatum settings with the load button without having to go hunting all over your hard drives to find them (which you can also do).

Truthfully this isn't how Kontakt instruments are supposed to work, they should have put them in the Kontakt preset settings directory.   And their installer should have put them there for you.

Note: I bought Albion ONE a while ago, your download may be very different than mine.  This may just be because of that, your mileage may vary, member FDIC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Also while only Albion ONE and Albion Loegria come with the arp presets, those same presets do work in the other Albions that have the Ostinatum feature.  Here's the directories it defaults to (all relative to your user Documents directory):

Iceni\Data
Loegria\Data
Albion V\Data
Albion ONE\Data

I can't seem to get the Ostinatum to open on any Albion III instruments (it's always grey most likely because they don't let you use it with long articulations), so I'm not sure what directory it's using.

Yes, I decided to complete my Albion collection with this sale.  Though to be honest I'm not sure how much use I'll get out of Albion III.

3 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Yes, I decided to complete my Albion collection with this sale.  Though to be honest I'm not sure how much use I'll get out of Albion III.

I'd be very curious to know what you think of Albion V...I've got ONE and Loegria, and the only other one that interests me is Tundra. 

7 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Here's the directories it defaults to (all relative to your user Documents directory):

Iceni\Data
Loegria\Data
Albion V\Data
Albion ONE\Data

for sake of completeness for Solo Strings it's:

Spitfire Solo Strings\Data

solo strings doesn't come with any presets but I copied them from Albion one

found this by trial and error - Matthew how do you find the file access log in kontact ?

thanks

Edited by simon

1 hour ago, simon said:

found this by trial and error - Matthew how do you find the file access log in kontact ?

You run Microsoft's SysInternals Procmon.  It records all system accesses.  With the right filters you can see what exactly any software is doing and then use that to work out crazy stuff like this.

Download it from here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon

• Thanks 1