A Tangled Web (Remix added to Post 1)

Wookiee

Hi Wookie, this is a true web of sound, and quite unusual.  I like the quirkiness of the time signature and the sounds you've chosen for this piece.  I, too, would like to hear a little more bottom in that bass, but otherwise, this is a good sample of your prolific talent.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, InstrEd said:

I liked it Wookiee.  Would of liked a little low end rumple to create some tension is the only thing I can think of.

Thanks for the listen, I will take a look at that low end rumple ;) 

12 hours ago, Lynn said:

Hi Wookiee, this is a true web of sound, and quite unusual.  I like the quirkiness of the time signature and the sounds you've chosen for this piece.  I, too, would like to hear a little more bottom in that bass, but otherwise, this is a good sample of your prolific talent.

Thanks Lynn, it is a jump around in odd n/8 time signatures, there are passages in 11/8, 9/8, 7/8 and 5/8.  Drums from SD 3, Synclavier V on lead, Mellotron V and CS 80 V on support, with the Mini V providing the rumple bass. 

Yep ..in agreement with Lynn. I think this piece of work would be great on one of those 'How it's made' programs 'cause it's hard to tie it down ... the moment you think you nailed it the song buggers off in another direction ... I like this one Wooks

Gonna lay down now and listen to some 4/4 ...........

• Haha 2

Hey, Wook!

It's always great to hear something new from you, buddy!👍

This is really cool and quirky with that nice punchy lead synth, and it sort of reminds me of early 80's Jan Hammer type stuff!😀

For the record, I prefer Mix 2 because I think the added low end gives the song a bit more body and texture.  My only minor suggestion would be to maybe raise the volume of the drums just a dB or so, to let them add a little extra punch to the tasty synth work.  Of course, as always, just my subjective opinion and the song sounds great as is!  I also  really liked the little flourish at the very end with the ringing cymbal, nice touch.

Nice one, John, great stuff as always from you, keep 'em coming, my friend!😀

Have a good one,
Bob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1