Ozone Elements for Free for a liminted time

tecknot

When it’s someone’s birthday, usually, you give them a gift.

However, for Ozone’s 20th, we’re giving YOU the gift. Enjoy Ozone Elements on the house, completely free for a limited time. 

Now you have access to essential mastering tools like the Equalizer, Imager, Maximizer, and Ozone’s prized, intelligent Master Assistant.

Thank you for celebrating with us, we hope you like it!

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/downloads/ozone_elementsv9.html?&utm_source=ACS&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=2021.10Pre+Holiday+Reengage&utm_content=Default&utm_term=Ozone_Bday&deliveryName=DM96441

Kind regards,

tecknot

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Software will operate in Trial mode until authorized or validated with paid serial number. In Trial mode, Ozone Elements will work without restriction for 10 days. After 10 days, the product will operate in Demo mode, and will insert silence at regular intervals.

When you click on "Download" for the free offer, you are also provided with a serial number. No need to be concerned with trial mode!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, abacab said:

When you click on "Download" for the free offer, you are also provided with a serial number. No need to be concerned with trial mode!

Yes, I saw that, but (1) the blub specifically references "paid serial number" (not a free serial number) and (2) underneath the part I quoted the text reads, "If you'd like to purchase Ozone Elements, you can do so in our Shop."  ["Shop" is a link to their store where you can pay for Ozone Elements.]

Therefore, I concluded that there must be some difference between the paid version and the free version.

Since the promotion specifically references paid serial number and the one in the e-mail is an unpaid serial number, I further concluded that the part I quoted is in effect until effect I pay for a license/serial number.

It could also be that the promotional material is poorly worded and that you are right that there's no need to be concerned with trial mode.

If under "Using your iZotrope product" it had said, "The software will operate in Trial mode either until you authorize it with the above free serial number or until you purchase a paid serial number in our Shop" I would agree with you.  However, the promotion reads as if the limited time to enjoy the "free" version is a ten-day Trail and the offer is a marketing strategy to get people to purchase a license. 

I already have Ozone Elements 7 and 8 each of which came with paid software. Other than briefly testing them, I don't use them.  But maybe I will do a test with Ozone Elements 9 to see if it times out.  If to install it, 7 and 8 need to be wiped out and I no longer have the use of them, no big loss.

Edited by User 905133
to change "someone pays" to "I pay"

5 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

It could also be that the promotional material is poorly worded

I believe that is the case!

I had collected all of the "Elements" series from iZotope as freebies over the years, and never was nagged about trials.

This year iZotope offered me a stupid good deal to upgrade to Music Production Suite 4. I couldn't resist! So no longer have Elements installed, as I now have Ozone 9 Advanced, Neutron 3 Advanced, RX 8 Standard, Nectar 3 Plus, and much more!

My bad!!  In  the interest of science I was about to give the free serial number a try--to see if it would time out in 10 days or not.  However, I was mistaken--the two versions I remembered having are 8 and 9 (not 7 and 8)!  I didn't realize that the gift (Ozone Elements 9) has been out for a while.  So now it makes more sense to me that the limited time refers to their offering the gift and not the software's usability.  

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

Sheesh, they've sent me at least six emails about this. They are sure determined to give me Elements! 

Ironic that their thank-you for already buying Ozone 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 is a free copy of Ozone Elements. Can I exchange that for something useful, maybe a free upgrade to RX9?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, bitflipper said:

Sheesh, they've sent me at least six emails about this. They are sure determined to give me Elements! 

Ironic that their thank-you for already buying Ozone 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 is a free copy of Ozone Elements. Can I exchange that for something useful, maybe a free upgrade to RX9?

If only they had some kind of email linked product registration system that told them what products their customers already have......oh wait.....