Callisto

bjornpdx

Callisto is the second largest moon of Jupiter, but you already knew that.
I picked a guitar as the main instrument but I  didn't get that "spacy" sound I really wanted. But it sounded good so I kept it in.
Absynth has very nice other-wordly sounds. Haven't used it in years, in fact completely forgot I had it.

Thanks for listening/comments.
-Bjorn

Cherry Audio Memory Mode
Absynth
NI Reaktor
Omnisphere
u-He Zebra
Arturia Pigments

• Like 4

Bjorn, this is so "spacey'"😧

You have a great ear for weaving musical tapestry, and you coax some of the sweetest sounds out of those tools you express your self through.  I really like that guitar sounding thing that seems to morph onto a piano.  Then you drop in the 180 and we're off to another region of the universe.  Very nice!

• Like 2

Jesse - Thanks for the comments. I've found that "spacey" music isn't that easy to do. Seems like you could just lay a couple of drone tracks and you're done. Way more to it than that.

Mark - I appreciate the comment about the guitar. Wasn't sure if a guitar would fit but seems like it works.
-Bjorn

You've done it again Bjorn! Really atmospheric. I agree too that the guitar actually sounds good in there; it seems quite normal that clean(ish) guitar tones are used cinematically to convey a sense of emptiness, and so that's why I think it actually sounds 'spacy' in this context. Well done!

• Like 1

On 10/22/2021 at 10:31 PM, bjornpdx said:

Callisto is the second largest moon of Jupiter, but you already knew that.
I picked a guitar as the main instrument but I  didn't get that "spacy" sound I really wanted. But it sounded good so I kept it in.
Absynth has very nice other-wordly sounds. Haven't used it in years, in fact completely forgot I had it.

Thanks for listening/comments.
-Bjorn

Very nice, indeed....the guitar has its own important place in the piece....the sweeping synths all contribute nicely....the tasteful sequencer work you have in there is perfect....i like the piece very much 🪐🎶🎸🎹

• Like 1

antler, Andy, Paul, Jack C, Larry T - Thanks for the comments. Appreciate it.
Nigel - Thanks. I don't think my moons will be colliding into Wookie's gas giant for another billion years or so.
Musekamp - The guitar is an Omnisphere patch "Glorious Steel" with a bunch of reverb.
David - I didn't think of Pink Floyd and you may be right. Yeah, I like to put in pitch bends for interest.
Wookie - Thanks so much. Seems like assigning myself a project like this keeps me motivated.

• Like 1