Wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

Good morning fellow bandlab and cakewalkers,

I am having a unique problem. I use a POD to record my guitar tracks, that feeds into a Beheringer USB mixer. I want to be able to listen to what I'm playing, over a drum track that is already done. So that I clarify that the Guitar sounds good as I'm recording, as well as keep time with the drum track. However, when I record(using cakewalk music 7), it will re-record the drum tack onto the guitar track. Now I can listen to the drum track through my computer, but then I can't hear the guitar. I am not wanting to just let the drum track play through a speaker, and then just the guitar through my headphone, I want it all through my headphones. I hope this makes sense, it is very odd.  This only happens when I record guitar tracks from the pod. Vocals do not do this. Hope everyone has some suggestions.

Chuck,

Thanks for the response. The Behringer mixer is the sound card since it is USB device. I think I figured out what my problem is. Since the mixer mixes tracks...it does not allow for multi-track recording. I ended up pulling out my old USB lexicon and that fixed my issue, since it is not a mixer and simply a pass through.

It depends on the mixer. I use a mixer that has 4 buses (2 stereo buses) and they can be routed to various outputs - so the output from the AIF gets routed to the monitors, but not back to the AIF. Just an FYI.