M-Lux Orange and M-Lux Blue Themes (Updated for 2021.12)

Matthew White

So, here's another Theme for you, M-Lux Orange with a blue version, M-Lux Blue. (Updated May 9th 2019 to fix an issue with the Event List/Viewer)

M-Lux Orange has mostly orange buttons and text and was the initial color choice intended for this theme.

M-Lux Blue has had all the orange buttons and text changed to blue with the exception of the input echo button as this is the chosen color for this function, and also the transport pause button which has been changed to yellow.

Both themes feature:

Various other color buttons and text.

A smooth, slightly shiny rubber effect on buttons and the same effect but darkened on display windows makes them look a bit more like, well, display windows, ie: effects in the fx rack, loop, select, transport etc.

Highly transformed Prochannel PC4K Compressor, PC-76 Compressor, Eq and Eq Fly-out backgrounds.

My usual helpful green=on / red=off fx bin bypass button, and a red background for separately bypassed effects, these are as standard in all my themes as they make it so easy to see at quick glance across the tracks what is bypassed and what isn’t.

Cakewalk’s ‘Mercury’ theme style knobs but with a more metallic effect to the color and also with the position indicator surround as seen in Cakewalk’s ‘Tungsten’ theme, I believe this is the first theme to ever feature this and it’s even on knobs that don’t even feature that in ‘Tungsten’.

And a dose of luxurious goodness.

Free Download Here... M-Lux Orange and M-Lux Blue Cakewalk Themes

A combined total of around 150 hours, sometimes much more, goes in to creating each Theme I make, then there's more time spent to update them whenever BandLab makes changes or additions to the Cakewalk GUI to ensure any changed or new items display correctly and match the Theme, I also don't make all these Themes for myself, it's more of a hobby and to share the end results with the Cakewalk Community for their use and enjoyment at no charge, Any Tips/Donations via the following link for my time and efforts in creating and updating these are greatly appreciated, however small. Thank You! ❤️ https://www.paypal.me/MatthewJohnWhite

M-Lux Orange Track View

img%5D

M-Lux Blue Console View

img%5D

M-Lux Eq, PC4K Compressor and Eq fly-out

img%5D

Edited by Matthew White
  • Like 4
  • Great Idea 1

Nice stuff!

I raided your theme for the fx on/off button color scheme....pretty easy

Started on the pan etc buttons for the gradiated outer ring. Man, a lot of effort for that!

I love the light Mercury style themes,  so I created my own, but if you ever do  a light theme it will be light years ahead of mine.

Thanks for all the work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scottfa said:

Nice stuff!

I raided your theme for the fx on/off button color scheme....pretty easy

Started on the pan etc buttons for the gradiated outer ring. Man, a lot of effort for that!

I love the light Mercury style themes,  so I created my own, but if you ever do  a light theme it will be light years ahead of mine.

Thanks for all the work.

Thanks, as it happens I've just started on my first light theme, the Lux theme started off light but I got ideas from some of the items I was making that looked better in a dark theme so went with it. Not being a great fan of light themes, I find it's harder to come up with things that I'm satisfied with so it might take me a bit longer than usual but I'll stick with it. Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Now updated for the 'Insert', Delete' and 'Properties' buttons in the 'Meter/Key View'  introduced in build 175, These were updated as the default buttons don't show very clearly with dark Themes, if you don't use this view (or not bothered about them being faint) you need not update.