Native Instruments Super 8

cclarry

SUPER 8 makes it easier than ever to add the warmth of classic analog synths to your modern tracks. Get started fast with 350+ presets modeled on classic polysynth pads, basses, leads, and quirky effects. Then tweak all you want with a fun, intuitive interface that always keeps you in the instrument’s sweet spot.

$69

Walkthrough Video

Buy

Edited by cclarry

Hummm... my spider sense is tingling 🙂

I don't know why but I think this will be a fantastic synth to play with.

Maybe it's just because all the other incredible things being made with Reaktor in the past years, like Monark, the Blocks thing, etc.

I'll check further but it's already in my shopping list.

5 hours ago, Zo said:

Ever been so un exited about a NI release like this one there lol ...

As I said, I don't know why but for me is the opposite. Lately I'm underwhelmed by new soft synths with loads and loads of options. This one looks simple; the multiwave oscilators with waveshapping capabilities reminds me of my little microbrute and minibrute HW synths  that I like a lot (of course with 2 oscs intead of one, and 8 voice polyphony) or even the roland ms-101.  As I don't like to install and uninstall demo versions I'll keep seeing the audio/videos on the web 'cause I can't get it right now. But for $69 (or less, who knows) I'll probably get it in a month or two (as Softube's new 296e comes first in the queue).

Edited by Sergio

6 hours ago, Sergio said:

As I said, I don't know why but for me is the opposite. Lately I'm underwhelmed by new soft synths with loads and loads of options. This one looks simple; the multiwave oscilators with waveshapping capabilities reminds me of my little microbrute and minibrute HW synths  that I like a lot (of course with 2 oscs intead of one, and 8 voice polyphony) or even the roland ms-101.  As I don't like to install and uninstall demo versions I'll keep seeing the audio/videos on the web 'cause I can't get it right now. But for $69 (or less, who knows) I'll probably get it in a month or two (as Softube's new 296e comes first in the queue).

Sergio , you seems a synth addict ,.....how do you find softube stuff ...versus NI modular in reaktor ? 

1 hour ago, Zo said:

Sergio , you seems a synth addict ,.....how do you find softube stuff ...versus NI modular in reaktor ? 

Hey Zo. You just made me throw years of therapy down the drain😀. Yes... I guess you can call me a synth addict 😛.

Regarding Softube vs NI; in a few words, IMO presently Softube gives you the most authentic modular synth experience both sonically, by having the most precise HW emulations, and  by the way they implemented the user interface. Every comment I read about it makes this point: if you want to know how it is to work with a REAL modular synth without buying HW, get the Softube modular stuff.

NI's Reaktor, OTOH, as an open environment and specially because it allows users to create new devices without writing code (I'm not saying it's EASY, mind you) has the biggest variety of sound generating , sound processing , utilitarian or whatever modules you'll ever  see in any modular synth environment that ever existed. If you cannot create the sound you want in Reaktor it's probably an impossible sound to create (if this ever exists). Until a few years back the biggest complain of users was the "hard to master" user interface. With the introduction of Blocks in v6 this aspect was somewhat addressed and now, with the introduction of front panel wiring in Blocks, NI finally gave a more authentic modular synth experience to its users.

Comparing both I'd say I could not choose one or another. I'd have to have both, although I'm not a big fan of the Softube's UI approach. IMO, it makes some simple things hard or even impossible to do (for instance, the last time I saw there was no way to map multiple parameters to a single knob). But when you want THAT authentic analog modular sound... Softube is presently unbeatable.

• Like 1

Thks a lot for the deep insight .... i like sound design but at the same time i like thing fast and intuitive , witch one would you recommend for a producer , not a synth head ....;) 

I'm with @Sergio.  I like this new breed of stripped-down synths that are designed to be easier to program, like Rob Papen's Go2, Arturia's Pigments, and this.  Massive X looks awesome but I don't know if I have the time to learn it.  

But Super 8 will no doubt be included in Komplete 13, so I'm going to wait for it.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zo said:

Thks a lot for the deep insight .... i like sound design but at the same time i like thing fast and intuitive , witch one would you recommend for a producer , not a synth head ....;) 

If you don't want to dig into modular synthesis but just get sounds made with that kind of synthesizers you can start checking the free Reaktor player and the instruments available for it. Here are some videos to get you started:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sergio said:

If you don't want to dig into modular synthesis but just get sounds made with that kind of synthesizers you can start checking the free Reaktor player and the instruments available for it. Here are some videos to get you started:

Thks Sergio , it's not that i don't get it ...it's just time consuming that's why i went for exemple for UHE basille style of stuff , pretty semi modular but straight to the point ...

56 minutes ago, Zo said:

Thks Sergio , it's not that i don't get it ...it's just time consuming that's why i went for exemple for UHE basille style of stuff , pretty semi modular but straight to the point ...

I understand Zo. The term "modular synthesis rabbit hole" is a little beaten but very much true. When you start digging into this you must be very focused or you'll end up losing precious time (or having fun... YMMV). 

I forgot to mention the new (and also free) Blocks Base for Reaktor player, that is front panel patchable. Of course, if you have the full version of Reaktor you'll have access to the giant Reaktor user library.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/

Edited by Sergio