OMD Remix

garybrun

2 hours ago, mark skinner said:

Totally agree with Jesse , I commented before the original mix was up. If the 2 versions were volume matched I believe It would be easier to compare.       mark

Thanks Mark...
It was all down to the gainstaging...
Gave it another go on V2

• Like 1

Listened to both versions here at work on my phone's speaker and I got to say the second version (the newest one you posted) translated better on my phone than the original. 

I wanna listen when I get home tonight. Will get back with ya.

• Thanks 1

Ok Gary, I just listened to both versions on my studio monitors and the same thing holds true. The balance of the new version translates well on these speakers as well as it did on my phone. Which is really good!! Of course I can hear more detail here in the studio, but the song still had great balance. I would also say it sounded like it has more "glue" that holds it all together.

Did you mix from the start, or just adjusted levels to the prior mix? To me it sounds like it was a complete remix from the ground up. 

Both versions are keepers for sure. : )

On 10/27/2021 at 4:26 AM, Grem said:

Ok Gary, I just listened to both versions on my studio monitors and the same thing holds true. The balance of the new version translates well on these speakers as well as it did on my phone. Which is really good!! Of course I can hear more detail here in the studio, but the song still had great balance. I would also say it sounded like it has more "glue" that holds it all together.

Did you mix from the start, or just adjusted levels to the prior mix? To me it sounds like it was a complete remix from the ground up. 

Both versions are keepers for sure. : )

Hi @Grem
I just remastered it.
Changed no levels or anything.
I had re-tuned my room and also believe my critical listening have improved a little since the last mix.
Thanks for the conformation on the glue  🙂

• Like 1