Clips Move

Peter Goode

Question

Has anybody had the situation where, when clicking on a clip, it moves slightly out of position.

I realise that somebody may respond with suggesting it's a mouse control problem, but it has happened too many times in my latest project and has not previously happened over my many years of using Sonar, and Cakewalk.

Unfortunately, the movement is slight so visually it may not be detected but only noticeable on playback .

This is very annoying when renaming a bunch of clips only to discover that random clips have moved out of position?

Pete.

4 answers to this question

I have had issues with this and finally got a handle on them (so to speak) by keeping a closer eye on my snap settings. I had a habit of keeping them lower than necessary for working in the Track View.

Really, when moving clips around, I usually need nothing lower than 1/4 note. It's in Piano Roll when my grid and snap need to be lower, so I've been using the local snap settings for PRV and keeping the global (which controls Clips Pane) up at 1/4 or 1/2 or even a full measure.

Also, I go into Preferences and set the Snap Intensity to all the way Extreme or just one notch below. I'm still not used to Cakewalk's mushy snap options there. I'm used to snap being SNAP, where you can't place something off grid unless you turn it off.