Soundpaint Instrument - 1975 Soulful Guitar ($20)

locrian

15 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

That said, I don't really understand why he put a picture of the SG in the video.  Why not just call it a 70s Soulful Guitar and leave it at that?  Because when people see an SG they want it to sound like an SG, and that means the way it sounds played through amps.   And then you can have a switch where you can take off the effects.

I'm not sure I agree with that ?   I'm fairly sure that it actually is an SG  ?  I have one and it sounds like that, or at least in the ballpark.  You can't blame them for putting a picture of the instrument they have sampled on the packaging .   I don't think they are misrepresenting anything here ?

Troels mentioned in a post somewhere, and towards the end of the video that it is an SG used for the Soulful Guitar. And in the video he pointed out that it was equipped with a "Tarback" super humbucker neck pickup.

Edited by abacab

People find really odd things to nitpick. Of course it doesn't sound 100% like the original guitar.  Anyone that obsessed with 100% faithfulless to original sound is either going to use the real thing or samples of the real thing if unavailable. I am judging this thing for what it is rather than what it's not. What it is sounds good.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, dubdisciple said:

People find really odd things to nitpick. Of course it doesn't sound 100% like the original guitar.  Anyone that obsessed with 100% faithfulless to original sound is either going to use the real thing or samples of the real thing if unavailable. I am judging this thing for what it is rather than what it's not. What it is sounds good.

The question raised isn't if it sound 100% like the guitar sampled.

With all the talk in the video about the fact it is taken from a 75 Gibson branded SG with a specific set of pickups in it....don't seem nitpicky to discuss if it even really sounds like what we (some of us are guitar players not keyboard players) expect a guitar to sound like.  They called the instrument a Guitar and go into detail about the specifc guitar used, etc.  

This thread reads the gamit of most realistic guitar sound from a keyboard to don't even sound like a guitar.  This is hardly nickpicking when you have that kind of disparity.

And all opinions here based on a YouTube video demo no less. Starting to sound like a KVR thread! 🤣

Let's wait for the official product release and then hear some opinions from folks, both guitar players & keyboardists, that have actually tried the d a m n thing!

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 1