Any MOTU UltraLite Mk4 USB Users here?

Hello,

I have been a PreSonus interface user many years and ECHO Audio (may they rest in peace) before that. I am currently using the Studio 6|8 which is a very nice interface. I am however looking into what other options are out there to give me a little more performance in regards to latency, etc..

I am not sure if I am just hitting a ceiling with my current i5 3570k setup but it never hurts to learn from other's experiences. I know that RME (The BabyFace Pro in particular) have a history of best performance but looking for something a little more affordable. I  have heard MOTU's audio drivers are high performing as well.

Thanks for sharing.

Hey there--

I'm a past and current Echo Layla and Layla 3G user. RIP for sure! They are the only PCI audio interface with that many I/O's that I could afford. My concern is the day I can no longer use my Layla 3G and have to purchase a USB interface for the exact same reason your posting here...latency.

Have you considered looking at another PCIe interface? I know they're pricey, but maybe a sale, or used?

Edited by razor7music
  • Like 1

What is your price range? 

ZOOM UAC-8 (USB 3.0) has worked great for me - around $600. 

I just got a PreSonus Quantum (around $1k) that is reportedly the lowest latency interface anywhere (probably so in my estimation) but you need Thunderbolt 2.  I run the ZOOM's  ADAT out into the Quantum for extra inputs now.

Lots of great options out there, its just a question of price, # of ins/outs, connection mode and what is important to you.

PS - I really miss my old girlfriends -  Gina, Layla and Mona.  Great interfaces.

Edited by BRainbow
  • Like 1

With USB, I'm not sure the interface will be the bottleneck in your system. I use a 6|8 when on the road for workshops and seminars. You will get lower latency with Thunderbolt, or an interface that hooks directly into the PCI bus (which is basically the same as Thunderbolt).

• Thanks 1