Plugin Collective - 3 Free Plugins from Venomode

cclarry

3 x free plugins and 50% discount from Venomode

We’ve teamed up with Venomode to offer you three of their plug-ins for free along with a 50% discount code which can be used on their store.

Use DeeQ (a single-band EQ), Maximal 2 (a maximiser) and Pivot (a tilt EQ) to enhance your tracks with just one or two tweaks to a couple of controls.

To access the plug-ins and discount code simply login and download from your Focusrite account before the 4th July 2019 - 4pm UK time.

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

I know they are free but I wonder if it's really worth it to install them.

I have to wonder the same thing.  I know I already have plugins that do (or can be configured to) the same as what these are offering.

I bought heavyocity stuff last dayz and guess what : another center to installl ...so i say yes we have to be peaky , because so much crap accumulation that maintenace is a full time job ...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Since creating an account in the Venomode server and registering the plugins there takes zero space in my disk, I'll do that. One day I'll stop and see if the plugins are useful or not. You never know.

I've been closing some of those accounts. Around a year ago, when I hoped on some of those 'oh so tempting' deals, I started getting a ton of spam mail. I know it was from one of those sites I signed up to, because it was all for American stuff - and I don't live in the US. Basically, my email had been sold on to a third party spammer, and now I get a mountain of spam every day (except for the occasional periods when they go quiet...like over the Easter holidays ???). I've got email filters galor, but it still gets through. Now when I see these 'freebie' offers, I wonder whether it's worth the spam.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 53mph said:

I've been closing some of those accounts. Around a year ago, when I hoped on some of those 'oh so tempting' deals, I started getting a ton of spam mail. I know it was from one of those sites I signed up to, because it was all for American stuff - and I don't live in the US. Basically, my email had been sold on to a third party spammer, and now I get a mountain of spam every day (except for the occasional periods when they go quiet...like over the Easter holidays ???). I've got email filters galor, but it still gets through. Now when I see these 'freebie' offers, I wonder whether it's worth the spam.

worth having a few "burner" emails for those type of things IMO

14 hours ago, Zo said:

I bought heavyocity stuff last dayz and guess what : another center to installl ...so i say yes we have to be peaky , because so much crap accumulation that maintenace is a full time job ...

Exactly :( But having center for some plugin is not even close to worst case scenario... 

Not mentioning many manufacturers (like Waves, McDSP, NI etc) don't have respect for our space and order on disks and is pushing installation of AAX (for people who never used PT), 32 bit etc...

And forcing after install/reinstall to clean manually 😕

What's more removing manually not wanted 32-bit NI VSTi (read : cleaning trash) make NA is showing install for whole product is broken. Kind of madness... 

And we are ending with versions of plugs we don't want but it make DAW scan for VST longer and longer...

stupid-installer.jpg

Edited by Piotr
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Piotr said:

Exactly :( But having center for some plugin is not even close to worst case scenario... 

Not mentioning many manufacturers (like Waves, McDSP, NI etc) don't have respect for our space and order on disks and is pushing installation of AAX (for people who never used PT), 32 bit etc...

What's more removing manually not wanted 32-bit NI VSTi (read : cleaning trash) make NA is showing install for whole product is broken. Kind of madness... 

And we are ending with versions of plugs we don't want but it make DAW scan for VST longer and longer...

stupid-installer.jpg

This is exactly the reason why I have begun to unzip most plugin installers with "innounp.exe" and then install only the wanted items by hand!!!

I have enough of all this (for me) unused AAX stuff, Windows menus (with useless uninstaller and web page links...), 32-bit Vsts, and so on ... In addition I experienced that many uninstallers are unreliable, i.e. they leave rubbish behind (so it's better to do it by hand!). I also prefer to install the documentation files in one single place, because it is a mess with all those plugin providers: They have a lot of phantasy to install their docus in so many different places that you never find them! And VST3 it is a real chaos: Some copy the vst3s barely into the main folder, some under a "provider" subfolder, ... Frankly, I prefer the old way plugins were delivered: With a simple zip file! But today there are not many providers doing it in such a user friendly way!!! Based on my experience it is also much simpler to install the plugins on multiple systems by hand, than with those cluttered installers! Many even do not remember the directory and install settings when you do an update. Each time you have to select the same things (very stupid).

But now I am much happier as I have found the solution with innounp. I put then the contents into a zip file (only the things I need) for history and for the other systems, very nice!

• Like 6
  • Great Idea 1

10 hours ago, Piotr said:

stupid-installer.jpg

Yep that NI crap is killing , i can t update seveveral stuff  cause of that ...

8 hours ago, marled said:

This is exactly the reason why I have begun to unzip most plugin installers with "innounp.exe" and then install only the wanted items by hand!!!

I have enough of all this (for me) unused AAX stuff, Windows menus (with useless uninstaller and web page links...), 32-bit Vsts, and so on ... In addition I experienced that many uninstallers are unreliable, i.e. they leave rubbish behind (so it's better to do it by hand!). I also prefer to install the documentation files in one single place, because it is a mess with all those plugin providers: They have a lot of phantasy to install their docus in so many different places that you never find them! And VST3 it is a real chaos: Some copy the vst3s barely into the main folder, some under a "provider" subfolder, ... Frankly, I prefer the old way plugins were delivered: With a simple zip file! But today there are not many providers doing it in such a user friendly way!!! Based on my experience it is also much simpler to install the plugins on multiple systems by hand, than with those cluttered installers! Many even do not remember the directory and install settings when you do an update. Each time you have to select the same things (very stupid).

But now I am much happier as I have found the solution with innounp. I put then the contents into a zip file (only the things I need) for history and for the other systems, very nice!

Gonna check this thing ... thks

I went a head and got these and installed them.  It did let me uncheck AAX, 32-bit versions and 64 bit versions (I just installed the 64 bit VST3 versions).  But after fiddling with them for a few minutes I was pretty much underwhelmed.  They aren't bad, but they really don't bring anything to the table. 

When I built the new machine this winter I just skipped moving over lots of magazine ware and freeware.  These would have been in that category.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1