Alone (ambient pop music)

Larry T.

Greetings All....finished this about an hour ago so here we go....hope you enjoy it....alone (ambient pop music)....

https://larryterrano.bandcamp.com/track/alone-ambient-pop-music

DAW: Cakewalk by Bandlab

pc: windows 10, i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40 GHz, 8GB ram, electric guitar, bass guitar, focusrite scarlett solo, arturia minilab mkII, arturia analog lab lite, CbB effects

Special Thanks to Mike at Creative Sauce on You Tube whose incredible videos on how to use CbB made this possible

Edited by Larry T.
improvement
  • Like 5

28 minutes ago, mark skinner said:

Loved that sweeping guitar . Very nice , was it an automated pan or vst ..  Also liked the breakdown into the low pitched instrument .     Enjoyed it ..  mark

Thanks mark....the sweeping rhythm guitars are both played live by me on an electric>Boss Flanger pedal>my Focusrite Solo audio interface>CbB....one is panned completely left, the other completely right....the breakdown consists of one of the electric guitars, piano, SI Strings cello and bass....cheers!!!!

Edited by Larry T.
improvement.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mark skinner said:

Thanks Larry , I was actually referring to the single guitar that drags a chord out like the one in the intro , and then is used in quite a few more spots.     Same question ..      By the way  , really nice keyboard work .      Thanks      mark

yes....well, there are only two rhythm guitars in the song, both flanged and electric with one on right and one on left, i did automate them quite heavily in terms of volume and the difference in how they sound and, therefore, effect the song in different ways is huge....if this isn't it let me know a specific time in the piece, please....ummmm, the piano isn't, lol, it's a MIDI from the Arturia minilab mkII controller running the Pop Grand Piano (iirc) from the free vst suite Analog Lab Lite that comes with it and was written on the piano roll as i can't play piano much at all....

Edited by Larry T.
clarity.
  • Like 1

@Larry T.  Enjoyable listen here Larry ! . . . for me it has a bit of a minstrel or renaissance feeling to it, but of course with very updated instruments.

I like how you've mixed it, and that great main melody theme that repeats nicely throughout. The wide sweeping guitar is also a super effect choice.  Lots to like about it.

• Thanks 1

On 10/25/2021 at 2:21 AM, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Larry, very enjoyable and I liked the Guitar a lot.

pretty cool

Nigel

Thanks Nigel. Glad you liked it. I played the guitars and bass with the wood jobs, the rest is CbB stock plug ins. I enjoyed I Want to Have It Easy very much too 🎸🎵🎹🎼

On 11/1/2021 at 7:21 PM, noynekker said:

@Larry T.  Enjoyable listen here Larry ! . . . for me it has a bit of a minstrel or renaissance feeling to it, but of course with very updated instruments.

I like how you've mixed it, and that great main melody theme that repeats nicely throughout. The wide sweeping guitar is also a super effect choice.  Lots to like about it.

Thanks noynekker....I enjoyed I've Been Running as well 👍👍

I've always liked Ian Anderson's of Jethro Tull acoustic guitar playing so probably had some of that going on when writing the piece....Tull was always partial to minstrel/Renaissance playing....I love a lot of that stuff too....🎵🥁🎻🎹

On 11/1/2021 at 9:44 PM, David Sprouse said:

Yes lots to like here, the presentation is really professional,.  It reminds me of the music that used to be piped into my dad's office.  The melody is great and it's not obfuscated by a lot of stuff.

Thanks David....enjoy your compositions also....I like to keep the music simple, clear and listenable without any clutter🎧🎹🎺🎷