She's High Strung

mark skinner

The original version of this was featured on episode 11 of Mikes  Creative Sauce  "Featured Artists" You Tube channel. (even with all the mistakes) All in all it went pretty good . I knew they would get a kick out of my recording in a horse barn and they ran with it.. This is a remix per their suggestions. I made quite a few changes and brought in my cello and additional bass to fill in the lows and mids.  I'll always like the original version , but this one is really growing on me. I hate to bump it back up  but I think I finally have some bragging rights.      Thanks ..   mark

• Like 4

So glad I listened on nice headphones. Those guitars really dance! I appreciate the cello being understated, and how instruments are brought in slowly and only to support those god-level guitars. You can hear the wooden guitar tops vibrate. Perfect reverb as well.

you can hit the "print" button.

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 3

"Thanks" to everyone for the Wonderful replies. I sent a copy of this to Marlon at White Noise Studio. He was one of the guests on the podcast. He got back with me with some detailed suggestions. I've remixed but haven't posted it. One big change is the cello is now in the center and the guitars play back and forth on either side of it. Sounds Way better. He want's to use my project for a mixing video on his you tube channel , then send me the final mix.   Someday this song will be   Finished ..       mark

• Like 2

On 10/23/2021 at 9:22 AM, PhonoBrainer said:

you can hit the "print" button.

I concur...

great stuff Mark, you should be, and are, rightfully very proud of this one.

👍’s repeat, repeat, repeat..........

t

i would jump over to SC and “like” and comment but sadly my iPhone and SC don’t sync up. 
I really need to “fix” that

Edited by DeeringAmps

First thing I always think when I hear one of your songs - "this guy is freakin' good"
The song grabs you from the get go. Love that chord or whatever it is about 0:10 and elsewhere.
Boy I really liked this one Mark.  Gonna have to find a horse barn plugin now.  
-Bjorn

• Like 1
  • Haha 1