House Track - Hoping I've applied my learning...

Dave Oliffe

44 minutes ago, Wookiee said:

The kick sounds a little boxy and lifeless what are you using for it? Very much classic club material.

Hi Wookiee,

Thanks for your time. I chose a dusty sounding kick, can't remember where I grabbed it from. I've added some noise and saturation to it also. I agree, it's got some flab to it and doesn't have the attack/squash of many house tracks, but that's what I was going for. I wanted it to actually sound a bit clumsy. 

• Like 1

David . . . great little dance pop tune you've done here ! I really like your vocals, and it's interesting how you've changed up the ambience around them throughout the piece, especially dryer in the verses for clarity of lyrics, and lots of nifty vocal rhythmic effects. The wash of thick synth sounds that come and go are also a good touch. Around 2:40 there is a section where the audio engineer part of my brain kicks in, and hears what sounds like audio interface crackling, buffer settings too low . . . but maybe you were trying for vinyl crackle, or a lo-fi sound, hard to say. Also, if I'm dancing to the groove in a club, that ending may leave my feet wondering where to step next ?

On my small speakers, that kick sounds awesome . . . hopefully that translates to a club environment, do you have a place to test that out ?

I think it's a great pop concept "Stay in Love" . . . and most important is that it's catchy, and fits the house genre very well. Best of luck with this one, I think many will like this song as well !

• Like 2

Very nice.   I like the overall feel and vibe and vocals sound great.   Around the 3 minute mark or so i was wanting some more variation of new elements to enter the mix.   I felt for the length some of there was a little too much repetition.

Overall well done! 

Edited by jwnicholson78
  • Like 1

I liked it! A bit of Dirty Vegas groove, can't give you a higher compliment than that. Maybe the intro minutes were a bit too long of a tease.  Overall I was kind of waiting for more of an actual verse, with some lyrics to digest. What the girl was doing halfway through didn't quite bring that enough. That's one listener's opinion.

Loved that bouncing chopped vocal, the ambient upper eq elements, and the tone of your piano chords. Very cool.

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/23/2021 at 7:17 PM, Nio Sebez said:

I want to dance. 😉
Can you tell what kind of drums you have used?

Hi sorry for the late reply!

The drums are a big mixture of things. The finger snaps are from a REALLY cool little plugin called El Snappet (check it out, and the others in their range too). There's a LANDR sample in there, then some layers using Lethal - then a lot of saturation from Shaperbox (if you make electronic music, SB is awesome). I like to sit drums in a 'bed' of rhythmical saturation, it just adds to the groove.