Up to 70% Off BFD Expansions

cclarry

1 minute ago, LAGinz said:

Buying nothing from these guys until they make the platform more stable. Love the sounds…

same for me, but specifically it's the mandatory online authorization implementation which they have been struggling with since the relaunch in April. fwiw, it's finally quit deauthorizing everything I own on my system, but they have yet to release a version with a definitive (and working) policy that doesn't severely compromise the user experience.  

These are good prices, but imho their development would have been much better spent on enhancing/improving the core product. 

• Like 1

On 10/20/2021 at 4:45 AM, cclarry said:

including London Sessions for $29 - no extra discounts

https://www.jrrshop.com/fxpansion?dir=desc&order=special_from_date

OMG, Larry, I'm a huge Beatles fan, a former semi-pro drummer trained on piano too, and the Hey Liverpool demo for London Sessions totally makes me want to get this. But I don't own BFD and but have other plugins from the parent company and they've been a nightmare and I've seen some posts about people having issues with BFD, what's the latest, this is so very tempting. I need someone to chime in with their experience!!! Talk me down if BFD still has serious issues, someone!!!!! The demos and price are sucking me in. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

And, yes, I do realize that asking people in this group to talk you out of purchasing something is a pretty ridiculous idea on the surface of it. But InBrands has had a pretty horrible history of support / neglect with their software that I have experienced personally and I know that I'm certainly not alone in that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

OMG, Larry, I'm a huge Beatles fan, a former semi-pro drummer trained on piano too, and the Hey Liverpool demo for London Sessions totally makes me want to get this. But I don't own BFD and but have other plugins from the parent company and they've been a nightmare and I've seen some posts about people having issues with BFD, what's the latest, this is so very tempting. I need someone to chime in with their experience!!! Talk me down if BFD still has serious issues, someone!!!!! The demos and price are sucking me in. 

I wouldn't spend anything on it at the moment - i was a long term user then got into Superior Drummer, so really stopped using it. When the BFD upgrade was offered at a very good price, I thought, well why not......the download and authorization were all a bit of a mess unfortunately (understatement perhaps!!)

It sounds good, but the GUI and various features (routing) are in desperate need of updating - the authorization (on line every time it seems to me) is also less than ideal - if the internet's down so are you!!

Superior Drummer is a far better/easier to use product IMO - and if you have some of the latest Libraries (such as Legacy of Rock) they sound fabulous

Nigel

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

I wouldn't spend anything on it at the moment - i was a long term user then got into Superior Drummer, so really stopped using it. When the BFD upgrade was offered at a very good price, I thought, well why not......the download and authorization were all a bit of a mess unfortunately (understatement perhaps!!)

It sounds good, but the GUI and various features (routing) are in desperate need of updating - the authorization (on line every time it seems to me) is also less than ideal - if the internet's down so are you!!

Superior Drummer is a far better/easier to use product IMO - and if you have some of the latest Libraries (such as Legacy of Rock) they sound fabulous

I have to agree with this - I'd hold on with any BFD purchases until things settle down - it's as buggy as h*ll at the moment - such as shame as BFD was great in the early days.

SD3 never misses a beat, literally and metaphorically :)

2 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Nigel

^^^ What Nigel says!

And dudes and dudettes, if you haven't checked out his music writing skills yet, follow the YouTube link in his sig, you will be happy you did. Excellent music AND videos. And a shoutout to Nigel for sending the Regeneration CD to my niece here in France so I'd have it when I arrived after moving here from the States. All of my CDs (the 25% that I kept and shipped to France) are on a ship heading to Rotterdam, so Regeneration is the only CD I have at the moment!

Edited by John Maar
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

yes, I do realize that asking people in this group to talk you out of purchasing something is a pretty ridiculous idea

Yeah, that's like walking into a bar and asking the bartender to talk you out of getting drunk!! LOL!!

Nigel sums it up. Coming from BFD Eco, not really familiar with the full version of BFD.  Every time I try to use it in standalone or plugin, it just crashes. Just goes away with no error message or anything, which is not good.

The whole time I am playing with it, it does sound really good... so I still hold out hope. 

FWIW I had an issue on Mac (PC was just fine) with the new BFD3. Support was useless, they might have asked me "Did you try turning off and turning back on again). However a BFD3 forum user gave me the solution so it worked a treat.

I don't think under InMusic BFD3 is mature yet, so for now I'm shying away from it until I hear that BFD4 is on the horizon.

3 hours ago, Bapu said:

until I hear that BFD4 is on the horizon.

They would have to do something positive with BFD3 before I will think about BFD 4.

I believe in the development team, just not so much with the company they are owned by now.