Pink Floyd - The Reunion

cclarry

If you like Pink Floyd and have SynthMaster 2, this SM 2 expansion has some presets with classic PF sounds. Not loops, these are actual presets that you can play. $15.

This demo highlights some presets in action, obviously played by someone with chops! 😎

The audio demo is done entirely in SynthMaster except the following: drums, percussion and bass guitar.

There is also some Genesis in this expansion for Tony Banks fans, but this demo is all Floyd.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2

Interview – Sound Designer Extraordinaire, Nori Ubukata

https://soundbytesmag.net/noriubukatainterview/

by David Baer, Sept, 2014

Nori Ubukata (pictured right) came to my attention when a series of very fine sound expansion packs for SynthMaster started showing up on the KV331 Audio web site:

http://www.kv331audio.com/purchase.aspx

He was on to something that completely tickled my fancy: producing libraries dedicated to recreating memorial synthesizer experiences from the past.  His series entitled “Historic Synth Giants” pays tribute to the legendary synth masters that thrilled and influenced many of us … ahem … of a certain age.  The masters are all there: Wendy Carlos, Tomita, Vangelis, Keith Emerson, and on and on.

In addition to the Historic Synth Giants, Nori has compiled delightful libraries of Pop Hits, Dawn of Electronic Music, and more.  Nori seems to currently favor sound design for SynthMaster, but he has had a lengthy career in sound design that allowed him to become the prolific master sound designer he is today.  We tracked Nori down to learn more in the interview that follows.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2

On 10/19/2021 at 2:37 PM, Grem said:

I saw them for the first time on the Animals tour back in '77 (?). They played the whole Animals album, then took a break and came back out and played Wish You Were Here in it's entirety. They had the movie for both sets behind them palying with the music. Was really unbelievable! They took another break and came back out and played some songs from DSOTM, Breath, Time, Money, Eclipse.

It was the best concert ever!!

Same tour. Tampa, FL. I think it was ‘76?  It rained. Then stormed. The promoter cancelled mid-show. People refused to leave. That’s when the law came to clear the stadium. Classic experience of the times with those huge stadium concerts. Zep, The Who, etc.  wild times. 

• Like 1

On 10/20/2021 at 5:04 PM, Marc Cormier said:

... you could get Stroh's at Tiger Stadium.  I got busted with one under my hoodie when I was 12.

Classic.  Centerfield bleachers used to be pretty much whatever goes, you must have had good seats. 

Edited by jackson white

4 hours ago, abacab said:

If you like Pink Floyd and have SynthMaster 2, this SM 2 expansion has some presets with classic PF sounds. Not loops, these are actual presets that you can play. $15.

This demo highlights some presets in action, obviously played by someone with chops! 😎

The audio demo is done entirely in SynthMaster except the following: drums, percussion and bass guitar.

There is also some Genesis in this expansion for Tony Banks fans, but this demo is all Floyd.

If you have Analog Lab 4 or 5, there are two Floyd sound banks available: Floyd Tribute ($8) and Floyd Tribute II ($10). 20+ presets in each, recreating various synth parts from a bunch of different songs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, John Maar said:

If you have Analog Lab 4 or 5, there are two Floyd sound banks available: Floyd Tribute ($8) and Floyd Tribute II ($10). 20+ presets in each, recreating various synth parts from a bunch of different songs.

Nice! Grabbed them. Even better than just Analog Lab, if you have V Collection you can open up the presets in the original instrument! Whoo hoo!

• Like 1