Pink Floyd - The Reunion

cclarry

One of my fav bands of all time..went to see the Dark Side Tour at Olympia Stadium, Detroit, back in '73.

Set-list: Obscured By Clouds/When You're In,  Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun, Careful With That Axe Eugene, Echoes

DSOTM:  Speak To Me, Breathe, On The Run, Time, Breathe Reprise, Great Gig In The Sky, Money, Us and Them, Any Colour You Like, Brain Damage, Eclipse

One Of These Days

Edited by hsm
  • Like 4

I saw them for the first time on the Animals tour back in '77 (?). They played the whole Animals album, then took a break and came back out and played Wish You Were Here in it's entirety. They had the movie for both sets behind them palying with the music. Was really unbelievable! They took another break and came back out and played some songs from DSOTM, Breath, Time, Money, Eclipse.

It was the best concert ever!!

Edited by Grem
  • Like 6

I see them at Earl's Court in the UK in 1994. I guess that was the tour that supported the live album Pulse. I wish I would have kept the program and tickets, they may be in my parents attic back in the UK. I hope I still have them somewhere. Was an amazing show. One of last one's I went to in UK before heading to USA.

Memories 🙂

14 minutes ago, Grem said:

I saw them for the first time on the Animals tour back in '77 (?). They played the whole Animals album, then took a break and came back out and played Wish You Were Here in it's entirety. They had the movie for both sets behind them palying with the music. Was really unbelievable! They took another break and came back out and played some songs from DSOTM, Breath, Time, Money, Eclipse.

I saw that same PF Animals tour, in Houston TX, same year. Best ever!!! 😎

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jackson white said:

Hmmm, nobody has ever listed that fine venue in their classic hockey arena reverb pack. Seems like it would have been a natural for Echoes. 

Locker room ambience!  I went there as a kid to see the Wings and got to go into the locker room once.  I've never seen so many cans of Budweiser and packs of Marlboros.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I once tasted their cosmic mysticism upon the ether of bare disembodied awareness, which gazed upon the scene of the self’s dissolution with benign indifference in an existence without Plug in Deals on an explosive flight through the metal hurricane with potent sounds of neon plaid. 

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

I was self-employed as a picture framer for many years. And a guy walked in one day asking if I could frame some artwork  for him . Turned out to be ALL the original album artwork by Storm for Pink Floyd. Had them in my possesion for a week. But in those days technology was simple .So could not take copies. It was terrifying. As the slightest damage would have been disaster.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Grem said:

That's the one PF tour I was lucky enough to see. Saw it outdoors at the old County Stadium in Milwaukee. Very trippy. Great windowpane. Drove my '61 six window De Ville to the show with 4 mates. No memory of the drive back to Madison, but I'm still here, so I guess I made it back OK. 😋

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, Grem said:

Yeah with the floating pig and other stuff I can't remember!!!

Yup! We had camped on the beach at Galveston Island the night before, so arrived at the gates early. We were among the first to be admitted to the University of Houston stadium, and took up a position right in front of the stage.

But as the set progressed, the crowd started pushing forward until we were caught in the crush. So then we moved back to about the 50 yard line, where the sound board was located. That was actually a good move, because the quad sound was so much better from the middle of the field. Surround sound! 😎

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2