Plugin names BUG

Apeirofobia

Hi guys I just updated my softube plugins and all my plugins inserted in my projects have wrong names. And when I insert new plugins, I get the same name.

Any idea what's going on?

Here's a video of the behaviour.  Every plugin has the same name(TSAR-1R) in all my projects.

Edited by Apeirofobia

Allows for multiple users/profiles. Makes it harder for malware to mess with it. Keeps things tidy with hierarchical organization. One database to back up everything. Common programmatical interface with built-in O/S support.

There are a few good reasons for the registry. But yeh, there are times when I wish for a good old ini file.

This is caused by a bug in the latest Softube plugins with prochannel modules, that is causing a crash on scanning which ends up leading to this issue. It has been reported to the Softube team and they are aware of it. 

I've changed our VstScanner to work around the crash which should at least prevent the issue that you have in the video. However the prochannel module won't be available just the normal VST. If you wish you can download the updated scanner and copy it to the C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities folder.

After you rescan your plugins it should fix this issue. The wrong plugin getting inserted is simply a side effect of the main issue.

3 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

This is caused by a bug in the latest Softube plugins with prochannel modules, that is causing a crash on scanning which ends up leading to this issue. It has been reported to the Softube team and they are aware of it. 

I've changed our VstScanner to work around the crash which should at least prevent the issue that you have in the video. However the prochannel module won't be available just the normal VST. If you wish you can download the updated scanner and copy it to the C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities folder.

After you rescan your plugins it should fix this issue. The wrong plugin getting inserted is simply a side effect of the main issue.

Wow, thank you so much. This fixed the problem!

• Thanks 1