HorNET Again Sale

cclarry

50% off every plugin and 20% off bundles

The sale is valid from May 2nd and will last only until May 5th at 15:00.

Have a look at the countdown on our site and do not miss the chance to haveour latest plugins for half the price!

Just go to http://www.hornetplugins.com to get the special prices!

Thank you very much
Saverio

GET THE OFFER

Every week without fail, strange business model but I like Saverio. Just bought The Normalizer for peanuts and really useful plugin for getting optimum levels set across all tracks at once. Good for plugins that prefer -18dbfs

21 hours ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

If you're looking for that type of auto eq plugin you should look into Soundtheory's Gullfoss.

thanks - I've already got that 👍, in fact the recommendation came from the other way round people suggested I should try thirtyone

also the zynaptiq stuff has a bit of an overlap in this area and are also highly recommended.  I love the idea of a 'magic button' type solution 😁

4 minutes ago, simon said:

just been having a play with it and it's pretty good - especially considering the price.  

After the initial honeymoon period I'm not sure how much use it will actually get of course 

How does it compare to Gullfoss? If 10 euros take me 80% of the way €100 would, then it's an easy decision.

By the way, I have the theory that Gullfoss adds some subtle stereo widening as part of their secret sauce. So maybe Thirty One plus widening is the way to go. 

I think it's a difficult comparison to make - gullfoss seems a bit more subtle, at least at the more reasonable settings.  It claims to auto eq more than 300 times per second and at a very large number of frequencies,  They imply there is some kind of secret sauce to exactly  how it's deciding what the ideal curve is.  Gullfoss is also dynamic, in that it you can change the way it responds depending on the level of the input.  It defines the two modes as "recover" and "tame".

thirtyone is just a 31 band graphic eq - that can auto eq to an auto generated or user tweaked curve at a maximum of every 1/4 second.

I'm not saying that thirtyone is bad - but it's not trying to do exactly the same thing as gullfoss and is seem  much more basic.  Still seems effective - and worth a try.

Ultimately most of these kind of "auto fixing" type tools are great fun at first, but are often fixes to problems that probably shouldn't be audio in the first place.  There is also a great temptation to apply these type of FX and assume it's improving the track...but different isn't always better.  (just my opinion obviously)

Of course playing with these plugins is  much more fun that actually doing some bloomin' work :)

Edited by simon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I found it inconsistent & buggy. At times it would over compensate adjusting bands, probably due to the algorithm it's based on. Would cause more phase problems than solved, maybe because it doesn't calculate fast enough like Gullfoss (300 times a second)

You have to be careful using this kind of AI software with audio in general.