Sonnox Inflator

cclarry

Found it!  

It's listed in
https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/100-plug-ins-every-engineer-should-try 

Sonnox Oxford Inflator 

The ‘loudness war’ may be well and truly over for mixes, mainly thanks to the loudness normalisation of streaming delivery platforms, but there is still a place for things that make individual sources sound bigger or louder. Sonnox Inflator has been around for a long time now, and whilst there are dozens of plug‑ins that purport to do much the same job, I’ve not found one that does it quite so well, or with as many and varied applications. Dave Lockwood

HDX version $264. UAD version $179, discounted to $89 when going to press. Native version $156. Discounts of up to 40 percent when purchasing multiple plug-ins.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bapu said:

I have this one but TBH I've never wrapped my head around it. I did sucessfully ruin a mix with, but that's not the fault of the plugin since I can do that with just about any old plugin.

If you need assistance - I can recommend lots of ways to ruin your mixes...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

The name “inflator” is pretty accurate. It makes instruments sound bigger and a bit more present. I found it especially helpful  when applied to some of the old Sampletank 2 sounds, many of which always sounded a bit small to me. A bit similar to the IK “tone control” effect that’s in Sampletank and Mixbox—but a little different.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1