8DIO Soundpaint FREE Steinway

cclarry

OK. Just replaced a grand piano plug in a project of mine that features the piano. Soundpaint 1928 held its own and performed wonderfully with significant reduction of CPU hunger!

Two things I am missing though. 

1-no pedal noise and have not found it if there is a tweak to adjust!

2-no hammer fallback noise as well,.

I know these things sound like nitpicking but those features lend a more realistic character to any electronic piano especially when it is playing completely solo. Hopefully there will be an update to this library that will include them.

Nevertheless,  I would not hesitate to use this piano!

Verdict: Brilliantly done! Hats off!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Is it just me or this SoundPaint engine looks quite cool? I am not a keyboard player, but I must say this environment seems very nice, but I am new to 8DIO and not that knowledgeable in these things. The video they have put out gives a good idea of it's workings and is good marketing. It has been a while that a product of this kind attracted my attention. It seems to be a cool new way to intermingle sounds with its morph feature. They hooked me and I will have to give it a try.

21 minutes ago, Sidney Earl Goodroe said:

Two things I am missing though. 

1-no pedal noise and have not found it if there is a tweak to adjust!

2-no hammer fallback noise as well,.

They aren't very loud, but there are pedal noises.

Edit. And you can turn them off.

Edited by BTP

7 hours ago, simon said:

The window resizing doesn't work on Win10 VST3 plug but everything else seems to be great

Troels/Soundpaint knows about the issue and will likely fix it.

In the meantime, here's a workaround: click slightly inside the plugin GUI and then drag it larger/smaller.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TracingArcs said:

abacab - are you trying on a mac? As there are issues just for the mac with installation of the piano. They are working on a fix. There is a solution on VI-Control.

Nope. Windows 10 PC only. Every time the download completes OK, but during unpacking I get this:

SoundPaint-1928-Vintahe-Grand-Steinway-is-corrupted.jpg

Edited by abacab

21 hours ago, abacab said:

I wouldn't know. The download is still hosed up in my account. Deleted the first attempt due to corruption, now the download will not restart.

Got the app and plugin installed, but no piano! Will try again tomorrow, if no luck then, will try support.

Figured out that the corrupted download was going into "My Documents" folder, which remained after the unpacking error. And that was why the downloader would not restart.

So SoundPaint Downloader assumed that the Piano was already installed on the PC. Blowing that folder away allowed me to restart the download. Still getting a corrupt download every time I try for some reason... finally sent an email to support.

On 10/29/2021 at 8:58 PM, abacab said:

Figured out that the corrupted download was going into "My Documents" folder, which remained after the unpacking error. And that was why the downloader would not restart.

So SoundPaint Downloader assumed that the Piano was already installed on the PC. Blowing that folder away allowed me to restart the download. Still getting a corrupt download every time I try for some reason... finally sent an email to support.

Installation tip. Install Soundpaint first. Create a Soundpaint directory on your samples drive and point Soundpaint to it via settings. When asked for a download folder, point to the Soundpaint folder on your samples drive. The Soundpaint downloader will automatically create the “Piano - 1928 Vintage Grand Steinway” folder under Soundpaint (or whatever download folder you chose; I used my normal download folder and had to move the “Piano - 1928 Vintage Grand Steinway” folder and its contents to my sample drive and then rescan).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, John Maar said:

Installation tip. Install Soundpaint first. Create a Soundpaint directory on your samples drive and point Soundpaint to it via settings. When asked for a download folder, point to the Soundpaint folder on your samples drive. The Soundpaint downloader will automatically create the “Piano - 1928 Vintage Grand Steinway” folder under Soundpaint (or whatever download folder you chose; I used my normal download folder and had to move the “Piano - 1928 Vintage Grand Steinway” folder and its contents to my sample drive and then rescan).

I managed to force the Piano download to my D samples drive (a secondary SSD), but got the same error during unpacking. Funny thing though, I got the 1975 guitar downloaded and installed here on the first try!

SoundPaint 1928 Vintahe Grand corrupt on D.JPG

14 hours ago, abacab said:

I managed to force the Piano download to my D samples drive (a secondary SSD), but got the same error during unpacking. Funny thing though, I got the 1975 guitar downloaded and installed here on the first try!

SoundPaint 1928 Vintahe Grand corrupt on D.JPG

Soundpaint downloads are in sequential files about 971MB each in size, so .001, .002, .003 etc. It deletes those files once the installation is complete, so I don't have a backup for them that we could test via FC (File Compare).

8 hours ago, John Maar said:

Soundpaint downloads are in sequential files about 971MB each in size, so .001, .002, .003 etc. It deletes those files once the installation is complete, so I don't have a backup for them that we could test via FC (File Compare).

SoundPaint support got back to me a couple of times. Very responsive!

Finally got it working with another attempt, after I disabled all security software. Re-enabled security after the install, and SoundPaint runs fine.

Security was just interfering with the unpacking process, as far as I can tell.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1