8DIO Soundpaint FREE Steinway

cclarry

8 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Does anybody know if this is sampled or modeled?

This is from their Soundcloud page:

This master demo was composed and produced with Soundpaint. No additional effects were added. This is what it sounds like out of the box. All instruments rendered at with 127 dynamic using real-time velocity morphing.

Soundpaint is an analog-style sample engine that real-time renders samples as you play them. The end result is lightning fast and truly realistic experience with the instruments. Shortening the distance from your musical thought to its creation.

I don't fully understand their marketing spiel, but I think it's either modelled, or is something like a wavetable synth.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, antler said:

This is from their Soundcloud page:

I don't fully understand their marketing spiel, but I think it's either modelled, or is something like a wavetable synth.

Troelspiel. 

I don't see how 127 samples for every note and for every articulation makes sense if you are running a business. You're going to do that with all the instruments in an orchestra?  What would that cost?

So I'm thinking that there are actually less than 127 layers.  The 127 layers are created by sophisticated AI.

• Like 2

Inquired on the site and get this response

The launch for Soundpaint had to be delayed unfortunately. There were some last
minute features to be added to the site to ensure it was perfect before launch :)
we did announce that on our socials and in vi control. There will be an email
coming soon as well

• Thanks 5

2 hours ago, cclarry said:

Inquired on the site and get this response

The launch for Soundpaint had to be delayed unfortunately. There were some last
minute features to be added to the site to ensure it was perfect before launch :)
we did announce that on our socials and in vi control. There will be an email
coming soon as well

Darn. I was looking forward to this. But let's be candid. I own several of 8Dio's libraries. Their greatest weakness, by most estimates, is their scripting. So I must admit, I do find it a bit odd that they're releasing their own VST when they don't excel at scripting KONTAKT libraries. I suppose that makes their delay after promoting this release date somewhat unsurprising. 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2021 at 6:04 PM, Reid Rosefelt said:

Troelspiel. 

I don't see how 127 samples for every note and for every articulation makes sense if you are running a business. You're going to do that with all the instruments in an orchestra?  What would that cost?

So I'm thinking that there are actually less than 127 layers.  The 127 layers are created by sophisticated AI.

There is a sample engine that starts with samples.

From Soundpaint staff comment on the YouTube video:

Soundpaint already has a very advanced editor, which can actually program instruments by itself. The editor is not available to the public yet (in part cause its horrifically bad looking ATM). However User Sample Import will be out first extension to SP and it is in deep development. Available Q1/22. The current SP editor is available to developers after submitting application to us. More on that in the next couple of days.

So it appears to be some type of algorithm that enables 127 layers. So a sampled piano can feel like an acoustic piano without any noticeable bumps in the velocity, so you can play naturally. My hunch is that is is some type of morphing/spectral re-synthesis. Troels indicated that sample sizes are comparable to Kontakt.

Troels also explained that you are not limited to just the octave ranges of the physical instrument, so you can go above and below the range of the original samples, in a natural way. For example he demonstrated the "1975 Soulful Guitar" being played as a bass.

Per Troels comment at VI-Control:

It helps when you don't have to worry about velocity bumps. What you play - is what you get.

Also, there is something special going on - pay close attention to the bass part of the piano.

This is merely an upright piano, but check how fat and volumetric it is in the bottom. That is because Soundpaint isn't locked to the natural range of the physical instrument. So in the case of this upright - you get a much richer, but naturally sounding bass extension of the piano - simply by playing notes or sub octaves below the natural range of the physical instrument. This principle goes for all playable instruments in SP. The instruments become wider than their acoustic partners.

• Thanks 1

Sign up for news with your email, and receive your download link! >>> https://soundpaint.com/password

(Check your spam folder, that's where mine landed...) :)

Welcome to Soundpaint!

You've successfully activated your customer account!

As you are about to find out. Soundpaint ™ is an organic music platform technology, which lets you play and create music instruments on your computer. The Soundpaint Engine ™ is an analog-style sample technology, which real-time renders instruments with unparalleled realism.

Imagine a piano with 127 velocity layers on every key.

Soundpaint ™ has been in development for over 8 years. It is designed by Academy- and Emmy award-winning producers and super-optimized for professional music creation. The workflow is 35-40% faster than conventional sample technologies.

In other words, Soundpaint is designed to shorten the distance from a musical thought to its creation. We designed it with love for music and hope you feel it in every note you play.

Download Instructions:

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1