One midi inst track with midi, playing the midi from another midi inst track

aidan o driscoll

Hi Guys,

This is an odd one. See image:

1500696679_miditrackissue2.thumb.jpg.0dd2b61bf788154f69fa3f20ad89f46f.jpg

I am using the WA insta composer to create track parts ( creates AI  midi lines that can be dragged to midi / instrument tracks etc )

So  Babylon, Pigments and BM Vice tracks all playing fine. But then no matter what instrument I add to track 5  it will not play the midi added to it. In fact if I can get track 5 to play it keeps playing the midi from Pigment track 3.

And if I open piano roll for track 5 I hear silence when depressing keyboard left of pianoroll but open virtual keyboard works.

I thought it might be an issue with WA Insta composer so I deleted that instrument, still no joy. What I havent tried yet is a new project and import those midi tracks to it and see then.

Just asking here in case I am missing something. The instrument tracks are simple via drag vest to workspace

Edited by aidan o driscoll

6 hours ago, John Vere said:

By the way. Next time include the dialogue boxes that shows the input, output, channel, bank and patch. What you showed was of no help. 

@John Vere DONE. Updated image in OP with Insta Composer open also. A sample track with midi data in that ( track 5 ) that you drag and drop to the tracks in the CW workspace. I dont play any of this inside the Insta Comp plugin. Purely generate and then drag drop the midi data to CW workspace VSTi instrument tracks

Edited by aidan o driscoll