Remove Measure and shift everything (including markers)

Mark Baker

Question

Hi everyone. Typically, I structure my projects with a few empty measures at the start, and then a bunch of markers to help me structure the rest of the work. When I want to create a rough mix to listen too "offline", I have to live with several seconds of silence at the start of the piece, so I delved into the not-so-obvious world of trying to delete the measures at the start of the piece (it isn't anywhere near as logical as "insert measure"). I eventually found a way to shift all of the clips at least, by turning on "ripple edit" and deleting the measure, but it only moved the tracks and not the markers.

Is this the only way of doing this, or am I overlooking something really simple? Is there a way to get the markers to follow the piece along with the ripple edit?

Thank you

3 answers to this question

"Ripple edit all" should move markers unless Lock to SMPTE time is enabled for the markers.

Another way to trim silence is export a time-based selection.

Here are a couple of ways to create a time-based selection for the entire project

• Click-drag on the timeline
  • From the menu Edit > Select > All, then set the start time using either
    • the Select Module or 
    • click in the timeline to set the Now time position and from the menu Edit > Select > From Now

• Like 1