You Have 0 Seconds | Christian Spitfire Insanity

Simeon Amburgey

1 hour ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

If I'm reading the site properly, there's less than 35 minutes left. 

I may have to resist this.  Even though it's a good deal, finding out at this moment is a bit too much pressure. 

Next sale 40% off probably right around Xmas. Just 10% difference which is not much and a lot at the same time :) 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Cakewalk templates for BBC:

Thanks Matthew. Missed that thread from a couple years ago, as I just got Spitfire BBCSO  this year as the freebie Discover edition, then they offered me a huge discount to upgrade to BBCSO Core. Too good to refuse!

I actually never really planned to do anything related to Spitfire, until PluginGuru (John "Skippy" Lemkuhl) put out a preset library, DiscoverStation and CoreStation for Unify | BBCSO, with BBCSO layered presets and other cool stuff to play with. >>> https://www.pluginguru.com/products/discoverstation-corestation-unify-bbcso/

More than 185 Patches (depending on the library) and 397 MIDI Files go together to bring you a multitude of different ways to use the instruments of these Orchestral plug-ins. Combining multiple sections and instruments to make – say – the entire string orchestra play a certain articulation. We also layer many different instruments to make lovely combination patches and then….. we dive off the deep end. There is easily more than 1/2 this library being driven by MULTIPLE MIDIBoxes playing custom MIDI Files that work both for single note = instant film score as well as rhythmic patterns which MIDIBox allows you to play polyphonically. THEN we start creating different MIDI Files for different instruments in the same ensemble and then you have a complete orchestra with 20+ plug-ins playing and you are conducting with the 8 realtime knobs to vary the mix in unique ways. We’re very excited with this library because it shows maybe the best example of the RAW power of Unify to make a single plug-in better in unique and inspiring ways than it is by itself.

DiscoverStation-Box.jpg

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, abacab said:

It was a 27 hour flash deal with the clock counting down from 100,000 seconds. 50% off many things at Spitfire.

Damn , i went to the site yesturday and nothing special i seens. ... 

no big deal i m'starting to be joke with the " it sound great " versus " do i need that " thing lately .... economic situation around start to smell bad ....

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, abacab said:

Thanks Matthew. Missed that thread from a couple years ago, as I just got Spitfire BBCSO  this year as the freebie Discover edition, then they offered me a huge discount to upgrade to BBCSO Core. Too good to refuse!

I actually never really planned to do anything related to Spitfire, until PluginGuru (John "Skippy" Lemkuhl) put out a preset library, DiscoverStation and CoreStation for Unify | BBCSO, with BBCSO layered presets and other cool stuff to play with. >>> https://www.pluginguru.com/products/discoverstation-corestation-unify-bbcso/

DiscoverStation-Box.jpg

Yeah, PlugInGuru’s Unify is pretty amazing. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, abacab said:

The PluginGuru stuff for BBCSO and Unify is really a ton of fun.  Definitely recommended.

I think there are a few other versions of the CbB BBCSO templates (Starise's which is linked in that thread with articulation maps) and a few other threads.  One interesting thing about how Spitfire setup BBCSO is you can use a Pro based template even with the lower level's -- which I thought was pretty nice. 

I still don't like the Spitfire player all that much though.  It isn't better than Kontakt, for me at least, it might be better for Spitfire.  In some ways is actually really painful to use.  BBCSO Pro is very good sounding though and has really good articulations and features.  I just think the disc and memory management is kind of weak and the full price is crazy high.  If they had offered Core from the start I most likely would have gone with it instead of Pro, but they didn't.  So I kind of feel disappointed by it.  That and the first six months the performance issues made it unusable.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

The PluginGuru stuff for BBCSO and Unify is really a ton of fun.  Definitely recommended.

I think there are a few other versions of the CbB BBCSO templates (Starise's which is linked in that thread with articulation maps) and a few other threads.  One interesting thing about how Spitfire setup BBCSO is you can use a Pro based template even with the lower level's -- which I thought was pretty nice. 

I still don't like the Spitfire player all that much though.  It isn't better than Kontakt, for me at least, it might be better for Spitfire.  In some ways is actually really painful to use.  BBCSO Pro is very good sounding though and has really good articulations and features.  I just think the disc and memory management is kind of weak and the full price is crazy high.  If they had offered Core from the start I most likely would have gone with it instead of Pro, but they didn't.  So I kind of feel disappointed by it.  That and the first six months the performance issues made it unusable.

I was impressed with the Spitfire template for Logic. The guy that copied that template over to Studio One has apparently done a very nice job, it is very impressive in breadth and scope! But with over 150 tracks, (99 instruments, and over 50 Stem stacks and Print tracks) it's a big drag on PC resources from the get go.

Since I'll likely not be writing a score for a full symphony orchestra in the very near future, I may chop that song template up into a few instrument section and ensemble track templates, to mix and match with other stuff. Maybe put off having to add more RAM, at least for now. LOL!