Individual Clip Freezing

AMAIN

Idk if I posting this in the right place but here's my idea.

I've noticed a few times that it would be useful to be able to individually freeze audio & Midi clips, It would work like normal freezing but only on one clip, I think this would be useful because it would make the process of freezing a single clip faster as instead of making a new track just to freeze & later delete you could just right click on the selected clip & click freeze. I've seen multiple other DAWs do this & I think & have always found it useful. (Also I love being able to drag the  different windows out of the main one don't ever change that please)

• Great Idea 1

Freeze only works at track level not clip level.  It's designed to alleviate the CPU load when you have a lot of plugins and VSTi's running

Freezing at clip level wouldn't help with CPU load as the plugins would still be running if only part of the track was frozen

You can bounce a clip to audio and it will automatically create a new track for you containing the bounce.

Bounce-To-Clip.gif

Edited by Mark MoreThan-Shaw

You can't bounce a clip for a VSTi (either as a Simple Instrument Track or separated), at which point you need to bounce the track and then chop up the audio.  Not great.

I'd really like MIDI clip dragging to work how CbB does with Melodyne and audio clips: drag a MIDI clip that drives a soft-synth to an audio track and it bounces the clip and copies it transparently.

11 minutes ago, Kevin Perry said:

you need to bounce the track and then chop up the audio.  Not great.

Bounce To Track(s) does not have to bounce the entire track, however; it will create a single clip in a new track based on what is selected in the source track.

12 hours ago, Mark MoreThan-Shaw said:

You can

Not to create audio you can't - you have to bounce track, and either select the range sensibly before you bounce or chop the created clip afterwards.  And the new bounce (export) window makes this process slower than it was (IMHO).

16 hours ago, Kevin Perry said:

Show me where the Bounce to Clip is on a MIDI/SIT clip (like I said, you have to Bounce to Track and get selection right - it works, but isn't as neat as a genuine Bounce to Clip).

Not sure why it matters whether you call it bounce to track or bounce to clip as effectively it does the same thing if a clip is selected.  Just highlight the clip (1)  press  CTRL+B  ( I think this is default but I have many custom key bindings too so it may not be )

Note - since the update...Yes,  you have to click OK now on the new export screen ...you never used to , then you get a new track with the bounced clip on it (2)

image.thumb.png.97138a2f9158aac001d60e2642625e49.png

I had a macro set up that also hit the enter button and it just did it. I concede you need to press OK now which kinda sucks. 

image.png.efe5568c04c71ef0cce4c496cf63e8fc.png