Markers of color (individual)

Starship Krupa

(I have a feeling I may not be the first ever to request/suggest this, but here goes)

I would find it very useful if color were one of the Marker properties we could edit.

As in this screencap from another editor:

Markertails.jpg.3e41eb71f7309498bc8e62bf73b1ee16.jpg

Notice I have one color of marker for the start of an event and another for the end of it.

Where this is especially useful is when defining the classic sections of a song, Verse, Chorus, Bridge, Solo, etc. When I have used this feature in other DAW's, I use a color each to indicate these sections. Makes it easier to spot which marker does what. Make all your tempo change markers one color, etc.

I find the ease with which track and strip colors may be set to be a big help in sorting out what's what in Cakewalk, and being able to do something similar with Markers would be great.

• Great Idea 3

Good plug for an "Arranger Track" (and all the associated Ripple Delete drag/drop goodies). I would much rather read what the section is in nice bold colored sections with big text, and when moved have it look identical. When moving things with markers, the markers themselves could either mask or be masked by the adjacent sections (and marker text is rather small).

1 hour ago, mettelus said:

....an "Arranger Track" (and all the associated Ripple Delete drag/drop goodies). I would much rather read what the section is in nice bold colored sections with big text, and when moved have it look identical. When moving things with markers, the markers themselves could either mask or be masked by the adjacent sections (and marker text is rather small).

No, this is not part of an "arranger track." That belongs over in the Big Feature Request pen with the Chord Track and other big things.

This is a small feature request. I just want to be able to change the color of individual markers. Same markers, just with colors that can be changed, like we have other things whose colors can be changed. All fun, no tears, no feature creep, no fists and yelling over "how DAW X does it," just a color picker added to the current properties.

If we are good and do not fight in the car while coming home from getting our color-y markers, maybe they will consider our Big Feature requests.

Edited by Starship Krupa
  • Like 1