Not a Deal - Something New Coming from Spectrasonics on Tuesday!

Reid Rosefelt

watching the video now but I'd have taken whatever that isn't moving to a subscription service :)

Edit with video summary to not have three posts:

• four omnisphere 2 expansions
  • they include sounds, patches, and each includes two new FX which can be installed and used without the sounds
  • only available from https://shop.sonicextensions.com/
  • the "deal" is perpetual: buy 2 get 20% off, buy 3+ get 30% off
  • all four expansions available are $149 each
  • doing the math with the discount it's: 1 for 150 (150 ea), 2 for 240 (120 ea), 3 for 315 (105 ea), 4 for 420 (105 ea)
  • from FAQ, licenses can only be transferred along with Omnisphere. and as I recall there are some restrictions there but I don't do much plugin reselling/transferring.
Edited by mister_tea

2 minutes ago, Carlos Iglesias said:

Really? Asking $ 149 for an expansion seems more usury than anything else.

I'm not sure it's that bad a price to be honest.  Take the Nylon Skies for example. the quality is on par with standalone nylon guitar plugins such as UJAM Silk or the NI Strum series, and there are 328 patches... plus you get to integrate them into the Omnisphere engine for your own custom sounds (which you can't do with standalone ones).

• Like 1

Im trying to make my own extension walking around house like Ignacio….

image.thumb.jpeg.b94229e563b0e5d315efa10fdb440aa6.jpeg

…but so far ran into wall,  stubbed my toe, and neighbor came over and asked me to blink twice if i needed help since he saw me walking around yard with hands up…..might be easier to buy from spectrasonics….

Gotta agree with Carlos. I'm certain it's high quality; duh, it's from Spectrasonics. But $149 apiece does seem a bit steep, considering you already have to own Omnisphere to use them.  For comparison, Indiginus' Renaxxance may not have 328 patches, but it's $59 and a damn fine nylon guitar. 

Mark, aren't you supposed to be on vacation? Get out of the hotel, man, and see the sights.

105 each is still expensive at 30% off but when you factor in the new effects and consider what you would pay any other company for them individually it starts to seem like better value. Eg if they were modules in Softube Modular. I was going to say Voltage Modular, but Spectrasonics is on a totally different level quality-wise. 

16 minutes ago, paulo said:

Well, they were right.........

I'd bet that nobody at all was thinking it would be collections of new Omni presets @ $149 a go....

Agreed.

I just wasn't thinking at all so I'm surprised they came up with anything,

• Haha 1

C'mon, guys. Eric Persing himself said these extensions have "purpose-built custom controls." ... Purpose-built custom controls! You know, as opposed to all those other software instruments with controls that aren't customized and don't have a purpose...

I own everything from Spectrasonics but this is an easy pass.

• Haha 1

That nylon was such a joy to play I bought it immediately, I didn't look at the other stuff because I do feel what ever it is the price is too high.  but the nylon is so inspiring that it makes me wish I would have invested only in like instruments that dedicated to realism and easy playability and are so life like instead of the millions instruments that you simply have to be your own inspiration to make them sound good.  Even though it is high priced for just one instrument, it's kind of like when this stuff 1st started and things were expensive before waves brought the market down (which I'm glad for) but instead of it being just another gimmick that you will only find out later it wasn't worth it, this is much more like the real deal that really will take your music to a  much higher level of quality and realism.  2cents

• Like 2