Not a Deal - Something New Coming from Spectrasonics on Tuesday!

Reid Rosefelt

9 hours ago, TheSteven said:

As long as we're making wild assumptions & guesses...

• Eric Persing bobble head doll
  • Spectrasonic's DAW
  • Spectrasonic's Drummer plugin
  • Omnisphere guitar pedal
  • Spectrasonic's Looper
  • Spectrasonics MIDI Guitar/Bass VST

....or maybeeee an Alexa interface with Eric's voice????

me - oh Eric fetch me a banjo sound with a waterfall background...
Eric - comming right up, but first let me demo our new worlly gig... 

The whispery soundtrack to the video does suggest that there are vocals or vocal fx in this thing. 

Something like Exhale, but with the Omni engine?  And then you would have the typical free library that combines with Omni, as there was with Trilian and Keyscape.  Seeing as how there are a TON of excellent vocals of all types already in Omni, that would really be something.

If it's more than one thing, then my fantasy would be Guitarscape and Vocalscape.  Wow, would that destroy my bank account.  But I can't believe they would be so mean as to release that amount of goodness on one day. 

But the plan could be to loot the cookie jar that some are putting aside for Black Friday.  They released the Trilian upgrade around this time last year.  And I bought it, as I was always afraid to buy Trilian and have it upgraded shortly after. 

If they are releasing a new instrument or instruments, and if there is an intro price, then I am doomed.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 1

I'm sure they are reading all the threads.

I've thought about it a lot, and I think they are taking the idea of the Omnisphere ecosystem a step forward. 

So you have an OmniPlayer that has the filters, arps, effects and the system of combining sounds and making multis.  All that stuff.  But it's a shell, either with no sounds, or a selection, like Kontakt.

And you can buy libraries for it, like Omnisphere, Trilian, Keyscape, and a bunch of other ones they will come out with today.

And third-party people can make libraries too.

The big thing about this is that if they add features to the main player, it instantly adds them to all the libraries.