Multitrack and Stems available for Mixing/Mastering

Accidental Engineer

Hi everyone, I previously posted about finally finishing my album here:

The first track off the album "Bitter" is now available as both a raw multitrack session to mix "from scratch" and a "processed main stems" session to master or remix.  If you are interested, can download the files here: 

http://www.cambridge-mt.com/ms-mtk.htm#Fytakyte_Bitter

Here is the album mix of the track:

https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/track/bitter

Edited by Accidental Engineer
  • Like 1

Great mix, not blown away by the mastering though, sounds like something's could have been cleaned up and other things brought out more. Then again, your choice for a mastering engineer (if you call him that) would have been my last choice ever.

Depending on time restraints with my own projects, I might try to take a quick shot at it. That first song "Bitter"... Wow great song.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chuck E Baby said:

Great mix, not blown away by the mastering though, sounds like something's could have been cleaned up and other things brought out more. Then again, your choice for a mastering engineer (if you call him that) would have been my last choice ever.

Depending on time restraints with my own projects, I might try to take a quick shot at it. That first song "Bitter"... Wow great song.

Thanks Chuck, glad you dig the mix and song.  

I was actually very happy with the mastering.  I was very wary about sending the project to an outside mastering engineer. In the past I've mixed projects for other artists, which they have in turn sent to other mastering engineers (including one very, very BIG name guy.)  Each time, both the artist and I were less than ecstatic about the results.  

This time, I got Chris to do a test master almost a full year before I finally engaged him to master the whole album, so I definitely went in with my eyes open and made a considered decision.  

I can say I'm very happy with the job he did.  He maintained the integrity of my mixes, and they sound good across all playback systems.  That is exactly what I was looking for....

Could someone else have done a better job?  Obviously, the possibilities are infinite - As much as any single decision in the song production process is. For what it's worth, I'm absolutely certain that someone else could have mixed it better, too! At some point, the important thing is that the decisions are made and the result is musical. 🙂

Of course, I'm always interested to hear different takes on the track, so I hope you find some time to give it a go. 👍

6 hours ago, garybrun said:

Like the Bitter song and thank you for sharing the files.
Great chance to try out new things.
Will get back to you soon..  🙂

Hey Gary, thanks and no problems!  I hope you have fun with it.