MIDI Humanize Plugin Problem [SOLVED]

Bill Phillips

Question

What do I need to do for Cakewalk to be able to use this CSHumanize MIDI FX Plugin ? Expecting to get a chance to at least approve and hopefully change the install path, I ran the install.bat installer which didn't ask for permission or offer a chance to select a path but did register the plugin in my OneDrive Install folder [top folder in screenshot]. Note Filename shown in Plugin Manager [in screenshot]. I've since ran the uninstall .bat file and copied the plugin to the Shared MIDI Plugins folder [bottom folder in screenshot]. But Plugin Manager still shows it registered in the install folder and the MIDI FX Browser doesn't show it.

TsgJm7M.png

Edited by Bill Phillips

7 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, Bill Phillips said:

I looked the regsvr32 command up. It registers dlls. For other plugins Cakewalk appears to register them on startup during scan. Would it be a good idea for MIDI plugins to be registered the same way?

DX format plug-ins are registered using regsvr32.

MFX are a type of DX format.

The DX plug-ins bundled with CbB are registered by the installer calling regsvr32.

VST2/3 plug-ins are scanned by the plug-in scanner. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, scook said:

Copy the dll to the path shown in the plug-in manager if it is not already there

Open a command window as administrator and type

regsvr32 /u path_and filename_shown_in_the_plug-in_manager

regsvr32 correct_path_and_filename

Thanks. After correcting a couple of spelling errors the first regsvr32 command ran and reported that the dll had been unregistered.

After several attempts, I could no longer find additional errors  in the second regsvr32 command. See CMD screenshot. Let me know if you see my error.

So, I decided to copy the install.bat to the Shared MIDI Plugins folder and ran it as administrator. That worked. Notice the plugin shows up in Plugin Manager. However, the plugin isn't in the Cakewalk folder in the MIDI FX Browser. It's just not in a folder.  I don't know how to fix that. I'm not working on MIDI so I didn't test it but it loads in a MIDI FX Bin.

PPB4ncG.png

FYE0ue8.png

iuKqqgP.png

bc2Tnrl.png

11 minutes ago, scook said:

paths and filenames with spaces must be wrapped in quotes on the command line

regsvr32 "c:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared MIDI Plugins\CSHumanize.dll"

Thanks. That explains it. Do you see any problem with the results? The plugin is in the Cakewalk Shared MIDI Plugins folder, it shows up in the MIDI FX Browser and it loads. The only wrinkle is it shows up outside the folder in the browser.

I looked the regsvr32 command up. It registers dlls. For other plugins Cakewalk appears to register them on startup during scan. Would it be a good idea for MIDI plugins to be registered the same way?

Edited by Bill Phillips

2 hours ago, scook said:

Looks like you are using "Sort by Manufacturer" layout and the developer did not assign a manufacturer in the plug-in.

Because the manufacturer string is empty the plug-in sits at the same level as the Cakewalk FX folder.

This is normal.

Thank you. That's it.

2 hours ago, scook said:

DX format plug-ins are registered using regsvr32.

MFX are a type of DX format.

The DX plug-ins bundled with CbB are registered by the installer calling regsvr32.

VST2/3 plug-ins are scanned by the plug-in scanner. 

Thanks again. I really appreciate the help in resolving this answering my questions.