Rapture won't run as administrator.

Shiverin' Sid

I've reinstalled Sonar 8.5 LE on an upgraded PC, together with the studio instruments that came with it. SI Drums installed ok and I inserted the reg code after running as administrator, so that works fine, but Rapture will not allow me to run it as administrator so I cannot insert the reg code. I've tried various routes to run as administrator, including via the command prompt, but nothing works, and time is running out before the 30 day trial is up. Any suggestions please?

On 10/15/2021 at 2:56 AM, Shiverin' Sid said:

Rapture will not allow me to run it as administrator

Not following what this means...are you running SONAR as administrator and then loading Rapture into a project, or running Rapture standalone?

Either way should allow the instrument to write to the registry as long as the parent process is Administrator. Make sure they're really running as administrator. If launching from a command prompt, you can verify that by looking for "administrator" in the DOS window's title bar. Anything you start from within that DOS prompt will inherit admin perms, including a Windows Explorer window.