https://www.howtogeek.com/761064/5-ways-the-windows-11-taskbar-is-worse-than-windows-10s/

kitekrazy

As an IT consultant type, I can tell you that several of the companies I know of are not planning to deal with Windows 11 at a customer site for another four years.  That said, the last company I worked for already has a copy up on a virtual machine (which I chose not to check out).

I like my taskbar at the top of the screen, and I like it to disappear until I move the cursor up there.

I like to see as many measures in Band-in-a-Box as I can when making an aftermarket fake e-disk.

I've done that since at least Win95. It keeps it out of the way until I need it.

Hopefully MS will re-instate that function.

Notes

2 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

I like my taskbar at the top of the screen, and I like it to disappear until I move the cursor up there.

Hopefully MS will re-instate that function.

Notes

Whatcha' talkin' 'bout Willis?  MS does it now.  Right-click on the taskbar then click on Taskbar Settings.

3 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

I've been doin' it since '95

But the article said Win 11 won't do that.

Ah!  Didn't want to waste my time reading that since I already know I won't be upgrading for a few years.  That said, when I have to use a smaller screen (like a laptop), I always put the bar on the right to save up and down screen real estate, so yet another reason not to "go to 11" this time!

I always wait, because the cutting edge is indeed the bleeding edge.

When most new products are released, they are still almost beta tests. I'll wait until (1) either my present computer dies or (2) MS quits supporting Win 10. That is, unless there emerges some reason that will improve my workflow by upgrading. At this time, most OS upgrades are not that much better than the previous edition.

Notes