Missing Plug In when loading project

I drag and dropped a chorus/flange into the pro channel for a guitar track.  I found it in fx chain/pro channel/ in the main plug in module . I thought it strange the plugin ui was "red" but it worked fine.  Now I get the Missing Plugin  message when loading the project.  The plugin is no longer where I loaded it .     So.. I can't delete it to get rid of the message.  I thought it was a pro channel effect , but obviously not.  Should I just ignore the message ?? I'll try and see where the plugin came from.  Besides CbB , I have 3  other Sonar daws on this pc. all of them 32 bit.     Thanks ....    mark

No not  a one knob plugin.   I found a "compact reverb module" in the pro channel options.  After doing that I could see the chorus /flange. Looked like one I'd never used , don't think it imported from a different daw.  Deleted the effect , now project opens normally.   Don't know the main problem yet ,  I probably didn't load the effect correctly.   Thanks for responding ,   I'll do some more research on loading fx chain effects..       Thanks .....     mark

If it's the Chorus/Flanger FX chain preset (Chorus-Flanger.fxc), under the ProChannel folder, it uses the Cakewalk MultiVoice Chorus/Flanger:

image.png.622a58f9eb8f229199d1be290acd4981.png 

AFAIK This is a DX effect... I'll check to confirm.

[Edit] - Yes, it's a Cakewalk DX effect. Not sure if this is a SONAR only plugin or whether it comes with CbB as well.

[Edit 2] - The location of this plugin on my system is: C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Plugins\multivoicechorusflanger.dll

If you go to a command prompt, and type:

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Plugins\multivoicechorusflanger.dll"

It should make sure it's installed. Don't know why it shouldn't be though.

Edited by msmcleod

Thanks , I didn't recognize it as  "that" plugin because of the different look it has in the pro channel.  The multivoice chorus/flange is one I have really really missed  after moving to CbB. I have actually exported acoustic tracks out to Sonar 8.5 just to use that plug in.  I'll check for the folder location.  Do these plugins need to be loaded into an fx chain module.  I couldn't these pro channel items until I clicked the fx chain first.    Thanks again ...    mark

To add any regular DX or VST plug-in into the ProChannel requires an FX Chain to host the plug-in. This may be done by first adding the FX Chain the loading the plug-in into the FX Chain or just drag and drop the plug-in directly into the ProChannel.

If the 64bit SOBAR 8.,5 is installed on the machine running CbB, the Cakewalk MultiVoice Chorus/Flanger should be available in CbB. If the 64bit SONAR 8.5 is not on the PC, run an advanced install of SONAR 8.5 and select any/all of the plug-ins to install.

I found the plugin in my x86 files. I also found that it  "is"  in my vst scan path.   I will remove the path to these plugins and find a suitable replacement.   "Thanks" for the help from everyone.   I am really glad I moved to this forum.     I'll try my best not to have  2 "problem" posts  on the same page again...    mark