DimensionPro 1.5 installation problem

Patrick Rowles

I'm on the latest version of Cakewalk by Bandlab (2021.09, build 145, 64-bit), and am finding that the DimensionPro synth plugin (among others) has gone AWOL on some older projects. I had this problem a few months ago with the LP EQ and LP MB plugins, but was able to resolve it by downloading and running the installers from my Cakewalk account (having used a legit, paid-for copy of SONAR since 2006, all the way up to SONAR Platinum).

I downloaded the D-ProInstall_1.5.5.16.exe and ran it (choosing 64-bit when prompted) in the hope of applying a similar fix. The default installation folders during setup were as follows: -
C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro (for the program)
C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins  (for the multisamples)

The installation completed successfully, and both folders quoted above are listed in the Cakewalk > Preferences > VST Settings > VST Scan Paths list, but DimensionPro is still not available in the Synth Rack when I open a project. Rescanning doesn't help.

I can open the standalone version of DimensionPro from a desktop shortcut, but am immediately prompted for the Registration Code. I have this under My Products (and in an email from 2011), but it's rejected when I enter it in the DimensionPro UI.

Any suggestions as to how I can restore DimensionPro to Cakewalk? If not, I'm beginning to think I'm going to have to progressively rollback to earlier versions until it "returns".

Thanks for the response, but no joy. On opening, Cakewalk Command Centre showed 'D-Pro' as up-to-date (i.e. green light against it in the Connected Products list). I uninstalled it from within Windows, and then did a Reinstall from within Command Centre. That completed successfully according to the message, but it's still unavailable in Cakewalk itself.

I'm assuming 'D-Pro' and 'DimensionPro' are the same thing; the Serial Number and Registration Code quoted in Command Centre are the same as the ones on my Cakewalk account's My Products page, and the file versions (1.5.5.16) are the same.

There are a bunch of other products showing as not up-to-date, including Sonar Platinum itself (which, I appreciate, is probably not the same thing as the BandLab version of Cakewalk which I now use), so on a try-everything-and-see-if-something-works basis, I'm going to update them all.