Fast render of VSTi instrument clips to audio

arlicht

Hey guys!

Is there function in Cakewalk for fast bounce/render VSTi instruments instead of manual recording like live instruments? For example in Cubase there is feature when right click on midi clip of virtual instrument (VSTi) there is option to render that clip to audio (it will automatically create new audio track and render selected VSTi clips to audio). This feature is available on almost any other modern DAWs I know and I dont fond this how to do in Cakewalk... If this function available then could someone tell how to done this?

I have attached screenshot with how this looks in Cubase 11 PRO.

Render in Place.jpg

@the arlicht    You can drag the clip from freezed track to the next empty audio track, and it becomes an audio clip, not linked to VST Instrument. After you can delete the original tracks, and the original VST Instrument itself, the audio material will remain intact.

Edited by Igopp

Yes.

And both freeze and bounce to track are track level operations.

There is no clip level rendering in CbB.

Bounce to tracks works on selected clips (it's actually a time-based selection of the track so technically still a track level operation).

Just now, scook said:

Yes.

That what I mean - just bounce only selected clips to audio, not whole track indeed. Thanks again scook! Unfortunately this thing with freezing and then unfreezing, then cropping whole rendered track to a needed single clip - it all feels too messy, too oldschool and just too much time needs to make so simple task unfortunately... I hope that maybe in future there will be added this great function to CW... 

1 minute ago, the arlicht said:
9 minutes ago, scook said:

Yes.

That what I mean - just bounce only selected clips to audio, not whole track indeed. Thanks again scook! Unfortunately this thing with freezing and then unfreezing, then cropping whole rendered track to a needed single clip - it all feels too messy, too oldschool and just too much time needs to make so simple task unfortunately... I hope that maybe in future there will be added this great function to CW... 

I tested after I wrote the reply and corrected it.

Bounce to track(s) can create a new track based on a time range.

Freeze is not applicable.

On 10/13/2021 at 2:41 PM, the arlicht said:

Hey guys!

Is there function in Cakewalk for fast bounce/render VSTi instruments instead of manual recording like live instruments? For example in Cubase there is feature when right click on midi clip of virtual instrument (VSTi) there is option to render that clip to audio (it will automatically create new audio track and render selected VSTi clips to audio). This feature is available on almost any other modern DAWs I know and I dont fond this how to do in Cakewalk... If this function available then could someone tell how to done this?

I have attached screenshot with how this looks in Cubase 11 PRO.

Render in Place.jpg

I use freeze in Cakewalk it works better than the freeze in Cubase. What you are talking about in Cubase is Render in Place. Cakewalk's is more elegant. For example try render in place multiple MIDI outs of say Kontakt? Cakewalk will freeze each instrument in Kontakt on its own track if that is how you have Kontakt  setup. Nuendo, which I have, will make a mess of it. In Cubase if you use freeze the audio tracks are hidden. In Cakewalk use freeze in the Synth Rack.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, John said:

I use freeze in Cakewalk it works better than the freeze in Cubase. What you are talking about in Cubase is Render in Place. Cakewalk's is more elegant. For example try render in place multiple MIDI outs of say Kontakt? Cakewalk will freeze each instrument in Kontakt on its own track if that is how you have Kontakt  setup. Nuendo, which I have, will make a mess of it. In Cubase if you use freeze the audio tracks are hidden. In Cakewalk use freeze in the Synth Rack.

Hey John. Thanks for your feedback. Freeze is not an option for me and my question was about rendering single clips not freezing whole track. Scook had great answer for my question already. And unfortunately for me this is not a variant and workflow for me is not as fast and easy as in Cubase. About which DAW is more elegant - its just your personal opinion and its totally different for me - I like Cubase much better and for me Cakewalk unfortunately seems just no so intuitive and too clunky. But anyway, thanks for your tips too John! 

1 hour ago, the arlicht said:

Hey John. Thanks for your feedback. Freeze is not an option for me and my question was about rendering single clips not freezing whole track. Scook had great answer for my question already. And unfortunately for me this is not a variant and workflow for me is not as fast and easy as in Cubase. About which DAW is more elegant - its just your personal opinion and its totally different for me - I like Cubase much better and for me Cakewalk unfortunately seems just no so intuitive and too clunky. But anyway, thanks for your tips too John! 

It's very easy to bounce a clip to audio in Cakewalk, you can bind it to a shortcut as well like so.

Bounce-To-Clip.gif

https://gifyu.com/image/e99s

Edited by Mark MoreThan-Shaw